The space between...

On the exam are we supposed to squeeze our whole answers in those tiny spaces provided? For example. Quesiton 1, 2010 essay exam sample from the CFAI. Part a, where it says “4 minutes”…is that all the space we get? I mean, I can squeeze it in, but it definitely doesn’t allow for anything but a bulleted response…

No, you’re given a “blue book” notepad like college test often had where you write your answers.

Why are there huge skips in page numbers on the practice exam? 1-4, 9,12, 13-15,20,21 I know these are probably dumb questions…

Instructions on timing and where/how to write your answers(1-4). Then there are some “this page left intentionally blank” pages.

If you can’t fit your answer in the space provided, then chances are you’re writing too much and just wasting time.

If you look at the space provided, sans booklet, it is enough for like half a sentence…I understand the need for brevity…

rolo550 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > minutes"…is that all the space we get? I mean, > I can squeeze it in, but it definitely doesn’t > allow for anything but a bulleted response… The term “essay” is a misnomer when applied to the L3 exam. Your responses should not look anything like a essay. Here is what the CFAI says: THE FOLLOWING ARE SOME GENERAL TIPS FOR LEVEL III CANDIDATES ON THE ESSAY EXAM: * THE PUBLISHED GUIDELINE ANSWERS ON PAST ESSAY EXAMS ARE MORE COMPLETE AND BETTER WRITTEN THAN ACTUAL EXAM ANSWERS THAT RECEIVE FULL CREDIT. * ANSWERS ARE GRADED ONLY ON CONTENT. THEY ARE NOT GRADED FOR LANGUAGE AND STYLE. * USE SHORT PHRASES AND BULLET POINTS TO SAVE TIME, BUT BE SURE YOUR MEANING IS CLEAR. * DO NOT SPEND TOO MUCH TIME WRITING AN ANSWER. FORMULATE A DIRECT RESPONSE TO THE COMMAND WORDS, AND USE THE AMOUNT OF TIME ALLOTTED.

I totally get hte acceptable response types…I’m just asking if all we get is a half inch of space below the question…which is not the case, we get a booklet… The question now is whats up with all the missing pages? Is that where the writing space is in the booklet?