The Trickery of CFAI

I’d like to start a thread where we can compile all the little things that the CFAI can use to trick us. Like minor details that can throw us off. Here’s my first contribution: Accounting risk is a NON-FINANCIAL risk. I always thought it was a Financial risk.

financial in this context is about real investment/financial market stuff. accounting is just operational in this sense. so non-financial. if this helps remembering it … :slight_smile: - sticky

Ethics in the morning session of the exam.

cash duration

SS1 - SS18.

Speaking of cash duration… do we assume it’s 0 unless stated otherwise?

PJStyles Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Speaking of cash duration… do we assume it’s 0 > unless stated otherwise? that, like so many issues on Level 3, finished in an impass.

fsa-sucker Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Ethics in the morning session of the exam. Lol, i actually thought about it the other day. It will be the saddest day when it happens. “Identify 3 violations and recommend procedures for compliance”

The first part of a statement is true and the last little part is false, and you pick true. I hate these!

In GIPS: you have choice between gross and net of fees In Asset manager Code: you have to provide both fees