The two session scores are totally different

I answered in the lined pages and the templates, but am and pm scores are on the opposite extreme. failed with Band: 9 Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 - * - 4 Economics 23 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 6 Fixed Income Investments 19 * - - 7 Equity Investments 22 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 - * - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management - Execution 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - * -

Wow. Brush up on your IPS methodology and you’re home free.

wow. you CRUSHED the PM section (prob best matrix ive seen)…what happened in the AM dude that doesnt make sense

Honestly, I am shocked by both sessions. For AM, I didn’t think I would score that bad. For PM, I didn’t think I would score that good.

any comments? i wanna know how to nail it next time! failed with Band: 9 Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 - * - 4 Economics 23 - - * 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 6 Fixed Income Investments 19 - * - 7 Equity Investments 22 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 - * - 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 * - - Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - * - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 18 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - * - - Portfolio Management - Execution 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

Focus on the actual past CFAI AM exams. There should be ones from as old as 2006 floating around. Be able to do all of those problems without looking at the curriculum. Honestly test yourself when your doing these problems by not looking at the answer until you’re completely done with the question. Then compare your own answer to the guideline answer and see what you need to work on. My suggestion when they release the 2011 AM portion of the exam is to retake it after you’ve studied some more. Then compare your answers to the guideline answers and see where you fail.

It doesn’t make sense at all, but these were my results last year: Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 35 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Institutional 25 - - * 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 24 * - - 4 Economics 14 * - - 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 15 - - * 6 Fixed Income Investments 18 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 20 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 17 - * - 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 12 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Equity Investments 36 - - * - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 * - - And I failed in Band 10 this year with completely different failing/passing sessions. Doesn’t make sense at all.

Deazel, this happened to me too. Did you write your answers in the book with lined paper? I have heard suggestion that this paper is not marked unless you tick a box to say that you have run out of paper in the question book so are continuing in the lined paper book. My AM scores were practically the same as yours. I think they just marked the AM answers which had templates.

“If you use all of the designated lined pages, extra lined pages are provided at the back of the book. To use these pages, place a check mark in the box at the bottom of the last page designated for that answer and label the extra pages with the appropriate question number”

I have got similar AM scores like deazel. I was pretty sure I didnt do this bad on the AM. My query is with regards to the area on the paper where we have write the answers. Iif I recall the AM question book, there are questions and then the lines below them to write the answers. Are we not supposed to write in the lines immediately after the question by putting in the question number?? For some questions they gave templates to write answers. So for those the answers would be in the template.

Winston 1, I agree, no sense at all. I wrote my answers in the lined pages , or a template, right after each question, and I did not write a single word in the back of the book, so I didn’t need to check any box. My way of writing was exactly the same way as last year when I scored better in the AM session( 2 above 70, 2 50-70, & 5 below 50). 2010 PM score was similar to AM. This year PM is completely different than AM.

These are my scores. Very similar to Deazel in the AM paper. Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 15 * - - 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 23 * - - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 26 - * - 4 Economics 23 - * - 5 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 20 * - - 6 Fixed Income Investments 19 * - - 7 Equity Investments 22 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 16 * - - 9 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 16 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 * - - - Economics 18 - - * - Equity Investments 18 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management - Execution 18 * - - - Portfolio Management - Individual 18 - - * - Portfolio Management - Risk Management 18 - - *

maybe you didnt pay attention to their command words at all?cause when says “list” you really just have to make a list…just a thought