THE WAIT...IS OVER!

It’s killing me, too. Pass or fail, I just want to know at this point. Monday night’s going to be rough…

i just hope it doesn’t disappoint but i’d like to think that im ready for whatever the result may be.

Does anyone know how well we need to do in each section in order to pass?

Ừm, they say overall we can get 72 questions wrong and we still can pass.

Btw, I like the feeling of opening postal mails :)). It would be very nostalgic…for me now, I think. The last time I received a test result via mail is more than 10 years ago (SAT result).

Pass/fail is based on your total score… not individual sections. However, if you’re borderline pass/fail, the “ethics adjustment” could move you across the line, depending on how well/bad you did in ethics.

^ Funny to ask that AFTER you wrote the exam. I like your style kid. Write the exam, no clue what you need to score.

I’ve reviewed quite a few scoring matrixes for past L1 passers. Applying the 40/60/80, seems like you can score 66% overall and pass…

I put each topic’s weights in number of questions out of 240 and how I think I did on a percentage scale next to them in excel and use goal seek or solver to come up with what scores I would need to pass the test. For example, economics was not my strongest since I spent the least amount of time on there so I hypothetically I entered that I only got 25% of the questions right. You can use this as a way to gauge yourself if you recall most of the sections.

If I can recall how many questions that I skipped, I would not be too worried. I remember that I guessed about 30 questions and I got 4-5 of them wrong when I checked at home…

It’s normal; happened to more than most takers, I guarantee…

If we failed, when they send you the results, how many bands are there? How would you interpret them?

There are ten bands.

The way to interpret them is that you failed.

Band 1 means you didn’t have a clue. Band 10 means that you missed by a smidge.

Either way, it means that you need to study more.

what is the rough number of questions wrong between each band?

If 70% (168 correct) is the passing score, then I’d imagine that the bands would be 16.8 questions (= 168 ÷ 10) wide.

S2000magician, do you agree that the MPS is typically below 70%?

I honestly don’t know. CFA Institute never divulges the MPS.

I start wondering how people know that the MPS is usually around 70%? and how do people know that you need around approximately 162 questions correct. Any source/evidence to back it up?

It’s anecdotal at best. I recall hearing years ago that nobody who got 70% had ever failed, but I’m sure it was never official.

Lol.

Enjoy your weekend, folks. Monday’s gonna be bad…