THE WAIT...IS OVER!

I don’t believe this to be true. The distribution of failures wouldn’t be equal by score. A band 10 is the top 10% of failures. The mark distribution would be unequal between bands. Probably severely so. There would be little difference between say bands 7-10 and a huge range contained in band 1 and 2. That’s how I see it, anyway.

I agree.

I’d misunderstood the definition of the bands (they didn’t have bands when I took the exams). You’re correct: they’re deciles.

+1

Band 10 means you scored in the top 10% of all PEOPLE who FAILED the exam. It does not mean you scored 90%+, nor does it mean you scored 90%+ of the MPS.

If 100 people took the test and 40 passed, then (by definition) 60 failed. The 6 with the highest score get Band 10. The next 6 get Band 9. The next 6 get Band 8.

It is entirely possible that the MPS was 62, so everybody who scored 62 or better passed. And the 6 people in Band 10 scored 21. So the difference between a Band 10 fail and a pass is the difference between 21 and 62.

This is an example, but it goes to show that you really can’t interpret your score from your band.

nice analysis there =) i concur

Honestly though, i can’t imagine anyone taking the L2 exam this june and still haven’t started studying…

Just my personal opinion, unless you don’t plan to work until june, i don’t think it’s very possible to get through allt hat material…

hey HEY…keep your personal opinions to yourself no one asked for it =D just kidding haha. i haven’t really started studying yet =(

Challenge accepted.

The way to interprete them is that you failed… Gold :smiley: :smiley: I’m patiently waiting for my results… I know so much now that I didn’t know when I started this journey. I feel about smarter and I actually enjoy the material. Hoping for good news but will keep walking even if it’s bad. Btw, I’ve lurked on this forum for long but never posted until recently and wanted to say thanks to you S2000. I would sometimes head to the L1 forum and see some of your great explanations of concepts… My favorite is still the "marginal whatever curve intersects the average whatever curve… " Anyway, not on your nuts or nothing but thanks and lots of respect.

1.5 days left… ! I hope all you have passed (including me)!

You’re forgetting all the people who study fulltime. If someone doesn’t have a job, I think it is possible. But even then, L2 has lots to cover, so people would be taking a big gamble. Better than waiting till 2015, regardless (assuming these muppets pass L1 first).

good lukc kids

but those who study fulltime will be getting “saturated” at some point and studying in such the situation is not effective, I think.

Even if someone gets less than 50% in one or two subjects but is there a possibility that the candidate can still pass ?

Yeah I think you can pass but not heavily-weighted topics like FRA or Ethics though. I took a look at people who passed last June and most of them had FRA at least bw 50 and 70% in FRA or Ethics. Also I think half of your topic should be at least 70% and above. I think I might get FRA in the 50-70% XD

Yeah I think you can pass but not heavily-weighted topics like FRA or Ethics though. I took a look at people who passed last June and most of them had FRA at least bw 50 and 70% in FRA or Ethics. Also I think half of your topic should be at least 70% and above. I think I might get FRA in the 50-70% XD

1 day left!

She is right. I finished 4 sessiones in 7 weeks for CFA level 2. I couldn’t complete the fifth one. I decrese my pace in these last 2 weeks.

I was studying others options and took some steps for them in case of failure ( Like studyng a MBA in english[My native langauge is spanish], working some bussines,entrepreneurship, in paralel to work in the Bank). I begin to study TOEFL to improve my speaking and writting skills.

The profesional enviroment for investment carees could change. Taking steps to be a boss take some political issues in my actual job.

Almost there, folks. If you put the time in, I hope you pass. GOOD LUCK : )

I saw a passer’s matrix --> 4 subjects greater than 70 and the rest 50-70. His ethics was greater than 70, and FRA was 50-70.

I’m definitely 50-70 in FRA and >70 in Ethics. Can’t wait to see…

i think.imma score 50-70 In ethics and econ and greater than 70 in all others…

cant be sure about corp fin though…might score 50-70 or 70+…

u think imma pass with this score?