The world changes when you have $100k in your bank

Is it really we who are jealous? Or perhaps it is the guy risking his networth to keep up that is a wee bit jealous.

1 Like

Ay, mijo!!! We nag because we care!!! :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

And did everybody who ignored the risk make money??? :thinking:

Does it make it better if I admit I’m jealous? Because yeah, I guess I am pretty dang jealous of the guys who became overnight millionaires this year.

I think by now I’ve made a name for myself here - not as the most sophisticated investor, but, I seem to be hot right now, so, why shouldn’t I press my luck.

Worst case, I sell my house.

If you really want to get rich you buy options and not sell them. Specifically out of the money weekly expiry calls on very unlikely events. Don’t forget to bet all your money to maximize the strategy.

Lol in all seriousness take smaller bets if you’re playing that game my friend. For every overnight millionaire there’s a graveyard of idiots who didn’t feel compelled to share their story of ruin. Nothing wrong with taking risk but you don’t need to (literally) bet the house.

this has to be PAs alt account

Red, white, and blue, are the only languages I speak. Bro.

Not green?

That’s really more of a lifestyle choice.

14% return per month?! lol rack it and stack it. How many times have you done this already.
also this covered call strategy is best for companies that

1. pay high dividends
  2. have high premiums
  3. companies that you feel are range bound

3 is only because if the stock prices rises. and you keep selling calls. the dynamics of that call changes. since the risk of downside increases as the company gets more expensive…

Either way you crumble this cookie, that trade woulda made $30k in two days.

Y’all messed up. Now excuse me, I have a bunch of rich people ■■■■ to go do.

Because luck doesn’t exist. It is just noise.

I’m sure you understand the selection bias of people disclosing their results, right? In the gold rush, you can get jealous and go all in on finding gold. Or you can sell shovels. Perhaps you should think about the shovel route buddy

I have typed into excel somewhere close to probably 20,000 individual pages of rich people’s statements into excel so that my team can reposition them into better portfolios. The most common reoccuring thing I see from all these brokerage statements is that these people buy stocks, and continue to buy stocks over time. These are the guys who bought MSFT/AAPL/BIDU/AMZN/GOOGL/NEE (should I go on?). Some of them have like 300 individual open lots on those tickers too. They just kept buying the stock. Which is all I’m doing. My position is stock based, which I think we can agree isn’t going to go to $0.00 - ever. I have 170 shares of TSLA that I keep selling calls on, and writing debit put spreads on in order to buy more stock. I couldn’t care less if TSLA fell to $400 tomorrow. I’d still write calls, and continue to buy more stock.

Selection bias doesn’t matter how large N is.

The poors are at it again.

No hate here. I’m all for wealth building which inherently involves taking risk and usually increasing leverage. Concentration risk however can make or break you in short order. Tesla’s been a great investment but who knows where that goes in the future. Their market share may decline as more tech companies break into the space. Not saying run for the exits, but maybe trim the position and diversity a little?

I’ve mentioned before that I work with some of the wealthiest families in the country. One common theme I see is that less than 1% made it on equity investments. Yes, they generally buy stocks, but the funding for these stocks was with other investments (usually private equity or real estate). The private equity guys are usually averse to debt and built the company from the ground up over many many years of hard work, and the real estate guys made a fortune using somebody else’s money. The leveraged return simply destroys non leveraged high risk investments more often than not. Your heads in the right place, just watch out for concentration.

In fact the only client I can think of in 15 years who “made it” via the equity markets was a small cap fund manager who hit a grand slam on a 200k investment. And he’s been chasing that return ever since to no avail. There’s no shortcut other than a stroke of blind luck. Just be careful not to trip over the body bags on the way there if you take that path.

1 Like

Or maybe the poors are the one prone to jealousy…

AMZN’s trucks are buzzing all around my neighborhood. It’s a little ridiculous - 90% of the stuff people get on there is crap household items that they really don’t need the next day. Seems like a big waste and would probably be much more efficient if there was a standing weekly delivery you default to unless you opt for something overnight. I feel like towns are going to start to put restrictions on this soon. Also, the boxes are a little out of hand, do they need to put a diaper box inside another box? I’m sure it helps with there logistics but it’s a PIA for the customer.

Thank you Voyager. I’ve always appreciated reading your input. You really have it figured out my G.

I want to diversify, trust me, I’m not saying I’m not over concentrated. All I’m saying, is, I don’t know any other CEO who’s trying to colonize outer space like that guy is. I mean he even gave his engine construct away for free. Elon just really doesn’t give a crap. He’s a total disruptor right? I compare him to Bezos in the 90’s… no? He just seems to want to improve every facet of life. Which leads me to the idea that since we’re going completely ESG now, that he’ll probably continue to be rewarded for much longer - before and after the Spacex merger.

You can’t keep using the same insult after I’ve established I’m perfectly okay with admitting I’m jealous.

Andy Beal and plenty of others tried and failed in the space business. Selection bias :blush:

And you may want to review who is insulting and who is trying to help :blush:

WTF is selection bias?