The world changes when you have $100k in your bank

Haha. Is that multiplied by 0.01 or 0.0001?

But for real. How are we even talking selection Bias when he’s bringing up this Andy Fastow guy? Andy Beal didn’t even launch a single rocket into orbit. How is that ammunition against SpaceX who is smashing their goals?

I know I’m on one lately, maybe I belong in WSB.

I think you’d do well on WSB. May be a good idea so you can be among like minds

1 Like

I’d probably be celebrated over there.

Celebrated in the way that the pig is celebrated during a pig roast.

I think some of you care waaaaaaay too much about money. It’s just numbers on a screen.

It ain’t even real bro. Ain’t even reL

just keep compoundin’ dont let the haters stop you

I love Elon. Elon is changing the world. Generally, being more like Elon is a path to better living. To prove my point, my profile pic is Elon’s roadster with Starman steering the ship trying to catch up with the Voyager satellites - which are in my humble opinion one of the crowing achievements of the human race.

But if Elon were to be hit a bus or a bolt of lightening, I’m taking the under on spaceX terraforming Mars. Just sayin, concentration risk.

1 Like

It seriously is mind blowing how we ever even got here. The point of this thread was to talk about options on AMZN. The original trade would have got you 30% return in 2 days. I, for the life of me, don’t understand how we’re not on the same page on this stuff.

You need to be honest with yourself. It seems like a common theme in these threads you post in that you are not very clear in your thinking and motivations. Not sure if you are joking or if you may need to spend a little more time meditating

Go take outside risk man and I hope it works for you. But you like to say we are the jealous or the greedy ones. You know this behavior of yours is not driven from a lack of desire.

1 Like

i’ll bite. lets run a scenario
stock price: amzn
strategy: covered call. buy stock, sell atm call
date: 12/30/2020
Price: 3330
Strike Price: 3330
Call Price last/bid/ask: 181.69 / 181.25 / 183.25
Expiration date: February 19, 2021
Expiration: 51 days
so for 51 days you are collecting a 5.5% premium.
So assuming you just keep selling calls year round and prices never fall below strike at expiration, and keep in mind you’ll have to reroll to either to the current strike price or the higher new stock price. your annualized return is roughly 40%, best case scenario.
now amazon’s biggest drop was in late 2018, when it fell 31%. so if he had 100, net of premium, assuming premiums stayed constant at 5%, he’d have 75% of his wealth. it’d prolly take 300 days for him to recover.
comparing owning the stock vs the covered call strategy during the peak of 2018. itd look like this:
stock strategy: 68%
covered call strategy: prolly 60%. lol

Do you really need me to explain to you my entire net worth and why I realistically can afford to take these bets?

Because in cash, I actually could afford to buy 100 shares of Amazon (on a net worth basis) And, if I’m buying shares, I’d really hope you wouldn’t need me to explain to you why there’s not a tail risk event imaginable for that company where it goes to zero.

I said nothing of the sort. You are becoming very defensive/aggressive, so I’ll stop responding. I just hope when you calm down, you may make sure your thinking is clear before you start engaging in exotic strategies. I doubt you are the only person in the markets who have had these ideas, so have fun engaging in high risk taking with no risk management. Like I said, hope it works out. I don’t like hearing when people loose lots of money with their stock market genius.

bruh did you get your bread up. my nw at 500k!!! we out here fam.