There Are No Trick Questions

I’ve never sat for the L2 exam, but I’ve taken a ton of L2 mocks and finally crushed L1 last June. I’ve spoken to candidates that said there are many trick questions on the L1 exam. I was extremely well prepared for L1 last year, and I didn’t see a single “trick question” on the exam. I’m not so well prepared for L2, and I miss a decent number of questions, but in my review, I see there still are no trick questions.

If you read something that seems like a trick question, you simply don’t know the material well enough. There are no trick questions. Wouldn’t you agree?

I would agree. Theres “tricky” parts, but they’re only tricky because if I don’t fully understand the material.

I kind of disagree with you. The CFAI writes some of the most difficult to decipher questions I’ve ever seen. Putting in information you think you need, but is just there to throw you off the trail. Putting in two correct answers and one wrong one, but only one of the correct answers pertains to the question asked.

You can call it not knowing the material well enough, but these tests you really have to read every word and be very careful, or you’ll miss stuff.

I disagree. Have seen plenty of questions that imo can be read two ways. Several I sent in to CFAI last year after the test.

My standard is that if you had the books open in front of you, you should be able to get it right. There are plenty of q’s where that rule doesn’t hold.

I disagree. Have seen plenty of questions that imo can be read two ways. Several I sent in to CFAI last year after the test.

My standard is that if you had the books open in front of you, you should be able to get it right. There are plenty of q’s where that rule doesn’t hold.