There is a week left.....

nuff said.

hold me

Secret Sauce time :slight_smile:

I’m seriously stressing out. Finished Book 6 exam 2 on Wednesday with 65% on the pm section as my top score. Now I’m going through my weak spots (and there are quite a few) and in the mean time I keep reading here about people who think the CFA questions are harder than Schwesers… If I don’t get >70 on exam 3 this Sunday I think I’m gonna faint. Back to VBM now…

McPass, what are you planning to do before you take exam 3? I’m in the same boat as you, haven’t passed one of these things yet and am really going to start freaking out if I don’t get respectable numbers on the last test. Am having a hard time focusing on any one area because I feel like I need to improve pretty much everywhere…

I agree with all these posters. I keep getting in the low to mid 60’s. I am taking the next week off from work as vacation time. I plan to take an exam during each of the 7 days from 9am-12pm, then review questions. Then eat, and spend afternoon reading, reviewing. Friday before exam I plan to do something athletic to relax, study, and read the Ethics book cover to cover before going to sleep. That’s the best I can do, and as good as it gets.

I hope everyone’s got their favorite ramen ready for the next week. Time to kick some ass!

I think all I am gonna do is fine tune areas that I score badly in… and maybe give a couple more tests… it all boils down to a mix of review and tests…

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’m seriously stressing out. > > Finished Book 6 exam 2 on Wednesday with 65% on > the pm section as my top score. > > Now I’m going through my weak spots (and there are > quite a few) and in the mean time I keep reading > here about people who think the CFA questions are > harder than Schwesers… > > If I don’t get >70 on exam 3 this Sunday I think > I’m gonna faint. Back to VBM now… Dude: You are right there. A tweak here or there and you are in the 70’s. And that goes for everybody. BTW, I hated exam 3. I thought they threw all the fringe stuff in there. Good luck either way.

I am taking my last Schweser exam today (Book 7 2PM). I don’t think I can do anymore. This weekend I am going to spend time reading my weak spots outside and get some sun for once. The rest of the week I am going to try to go through every exam I have taken, most of the EOC questions in both the CFAI and Schweser, and take one more sample exam from the CFAI.

I think it’ll be all 4 CFAI practices this weekend, and some review of Asset Val, capped off by a complete re-read of ethics for next week…just Mon & Tues off from work.

I thought Comp_Sci_Kid from L3 forum had some good advice the other day. He mentioned going through each LOS in the last few days again and marking off the weak areas. Then reviewing the weak areas to make sure you don’t miss any free points. Going to do that starting tomorrow and try to do as tkc pointed out above and do an exam a day until the test. Then review test results, go back over notes and formulas in the afternoon and evening…

headed to college reunion weekend in an hour. nothing says stupid like this move. i have the BSAS test and a sweet pair of noise cxl’ing headphones for the 5 hr ride up to sweet hamilton, ny. no, i’m not driving silly. i am about to test the boundaries of hung over studying. BRING IT. i called the library (never went in college)- open 10-4 tomorrow. i’m there and then happy hour. PRESS ON PEOPLE.

wow I am still far behind

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > McPass, what are you planning to do before you > take exam 3? I’m in the same boat as you, haven’t > passed one of these things yet and am really going > to start freaking out if I don’t get respectable > numbers on the last test. Am having a hard time > focusing on any one area because I feel like I > need to improve pretty much everywhere… I took the Schweser Q-Bank, answered 30 question for all 18 study sessions and wrote down the Readings in which I scored < 70%. Sadly enough there were 25 of the total 72 in which I didn’t score >70… and that’s for Q-bank! I’m going through these readings in the CFAI books right now and then do the questions at the end of the Schweser study notes. Fortunelately, some of the readings are only 3 pages with 2 q’s. Others take (a lot) more time. I keep on seeing stuff I don’t know well enough and hope to tackle them this way. Hopefully I’ve done them all tomorrow. Then Sunday I’m doing Book 6 exam 3, review that and see if I’m still upbeat. Monday: write exam 1 again and see if I’ve learnt anything. Review this and do the CFAI sample exam + review of it. Tuesday: write exam 2 again, hopefully with a master score. Review this and do the CFAI sample exam 2 + review Wednesday: Do ALL vignettes in the CFAI books, not just the ones from 2006 but all vignettes. Especially Corporate Finance has a few. Since FSA is underweighted, I will do some extra Q’s (BSAS/QBANK) to make sure I tackle that too. Thursday: Write the CFAI mock exams and review them. Friday is Ethics day and nothing else. Saturday: check and see if I’m in the money.

that is a good plan mcpass… I am planning to hit CFAI books for topics that I am not performing very well on… but there is so much more to do!

I will be doing Equities and FSA again till Tuesday and then Ethics on Wednesday. Might take 60$ mock on Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Last 2 days Secret sauce review for Corp Fin, PM, FI and Der. Quant and Econ will be left on luck and GOD.

Friday (today): Finish up Harris FSA questions for the 2nd time. Saturday: Review Equity, Quant, PM. Take 2nd half of BSAS exam, review problem areas. Sunday: Take book 6 Exam 3, AM & PM, review problem areas. Monday: Take Book 7 Exam 1 (CFAI questions), review problem areas. Tuesday: CFA Mock exam 1, review problem areas. Wednesday: Read Ethics, sample exam 3, review problem areas. Thursday: CFA Mock exam 2, review problem areas. Friday: Secret Sauce review till 12pm. Then a good lunch and relax for the rest of the day. Saturday: Show up to take a 6 hour test. It all comes down to these 6 hours.

I’m going to bring the secret sauce to the exam and read it during the break.

Next week exams and reading the sauce as and when needed… Ethics + following exams 2AM 2PM 3AM 3PM S1 S2 S3 M1 M2