They approved my work experience

Got 78 months of work experience approved. Pretty simple process. Filled out the work experience description, and had 3 references. Got a reply the same day. Not paying the dues till passing (one day…)

If paid prior the results. Does your name appears on the directory with the three letter before or after the results get released ?

or just be a 22-year old kid barely 2-years out of college working in IB…

It seems your frustrated waiting for the results :grin:

me? haha no not at all, I don’t even need to look at the results. Already know i passed

Does anyone know if it matters if one of the references is retired? My boss retired a few months ago and I’d want to ask him to be my reference.

I suspect that it’s OK, but to be safe, ask CFA Institute (info@cfainstitute.org).

‘‘Thank you for contacting us regarding your references. When selecting your references, please be advised that they will be required to comment on your work experience and professional character. Be sure to select individuals who can attest to your responsibilities related to the investment decision-making process. Their retirement status has no bearing on their ability to provide a reference.’’

Now we know. Wiser by the day!

How do we know how many months of experience got approved?

I submitted my application yesterday and got a “Complete Your Membership” e-mail, saying I have been approved for membership.

It seems that what I need to do next is pay the membership fee.

It requires at least 48 months to become a member. So, if they sent you that email, that means they approved at least 48 months - beyond that, who really cares.

Submitted my application today - how long did it take you guys to get work experience accepted?

It took one day for me.

Submitted today too, took me 2 hours to get it approved

take care their email of approving it will start with Congratulations! don’t mix it up

Congratulations! You have been approved for regular membership.

That was real quick.

Waiting for someone to create a thread asking if approving you quickly for the membership is a tell ! LOL

Just an L3 candidate, but wanted to get my membership done in advance. Just had 183 months experience approved, which made me feel really old.

I can only say, WOW

Wow! That’s like over 25 years of work experience!!

Hi all

as part of my work experience - i am having to submit 3 employers since my 48 months ( in fact more than 70 months) were earned at 3 firms.

Does that mean that i have to include 3 referees, each from one employer, or i can simply include 3 referees (2 from my current employer and 1 from my ex employer?)

Thanks in advance for the help!

You are not required to include referees from all 3 companies. As long as cumulative # of months of relevant work experience is at least 48, you pass. Here are some options, assuming all relevant work experience:

• Submit All 3 references from same current employer, if you accumulate enough the required # of months there;

-Submit (2,1) or (1,2) references from current and ex employer, respectively, if the experience is gained from multiple employers, but must make sure totality of 48 months or more.