Things you're punting...

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Oh, and punting anything related to > pricing/valuing Swaps and FRA’s. In general if i > see the word swap or FRA, i am moving on (unless > it’s just providing the net payment on a certain > date, i can do those all day). Schweser has a lot of these suckers in their samples. I wonder if it is a sign of things to come? They also have that stupid core capital probability crap in the majority of their exams, my guess is it doesn’t net more than 1 question on the exam.

i PRAY for core capital problems. That stuff is almost as easy as corner portfolios.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i PRAY for core capital problems. That stuff is > almost as easy as corner portfolios. I realized it is a reading comprehension problem not a hard concept. Desired real spending still means growth with inflation. Spending means discount at Inflation/Nominal RFR Real spending means discount at real rfr. Just needs to be thought threw.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > In regards to the tax formula, which i am angry > about bc i took the time to memorize it: > > CFAI 2011 Errata as of May 25: "Reading 22: > “delete problem 3.D and its solution. This > question is no longer assigned” Yeah its on p.263 http://www.cfainstitute.org/Eratta/2011_level_III_errata_as_of_25MAY.pdf

The formula is still in the chapter as well. I don’t think it is out of the question to get a test question that doesn’t come from the EOC.

This particular page was curriculum though, not EoC. The wording “no longer assigned” makes me think they punted it. Particularly considering I remember bitching about the fact that the LoS says “discuss” and not “calculate”, or “formulate” – so perhaps this is them catching that error and rectifying it. Either way a bummer because i spent some time memorizing it.

markCFAIL Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > This particular page was curriculum though, not > EoC. The wording “no longer assigned” makes me > think they punted it. > > Particularly considering I remember bitching about > the fact that the LoS says “discuss” and not > “calculate”, or “formulate” – so perhaps this is > them catching that error and rectifying it. > > Either way a bummer because i spent some time > memorizing it. So should we just say “eff” that formula?

i PRAY for a corner portfolio question worth 30 points

F_ck that! I will not even allow myself to think about punting on anything until Friday afternoon. Plenty of hours left.

GIPS. . . ha.

I’d list what I’m punting but I have an irrational fear that CFAI institute is monitoring these forums. “Hey guys it looks like ThePinkman is punting cash and carry arbitrage! Let’s throw an entire item set in there and really f*ck his sh!t up!”

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d list what I’m punting but I have an irrational > fear that CFAI institute is monitoring these > forums. “Hey guys it looks like ThePinkman is > punting cash and carry arbitrage! Let’s throw an > entire item set in there and really f*ck his sh!t > up!” Well in that case I am definitely punting taxes and derivatives… :slight_smile:

I’m punting constant mix, CPPI and Buy and Hold. That stuff is way too tough.

I pray for a corner portfolio question, a micro-performance attribution question, a futures calculation question, and a CPPI/Buy & Hold/Constant Mix question, all worth 60 points each…

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d list what I’m punting but I have an irrational > fear that CFAI institute is monitoring these > forums. “Hey guys it looks like ThePinkman is > punting cash and carry arbitrage! Let’s throw an > entire item set in there and really f*ck his sh!t > up!” Dude it’s 5 days before the exam. I think they’d have printed the exams by now, since they need to ship worldwide…

Dude obviously I’m joking. Damn this forum has zero since of humor.

And here’s a shocker… Soccertom was joking too.

thepinkman, aparently you need a “ha” ex post joke on some threads

MBS Hedge Global Performance Attribution Macro performance attribution WACC w/pension Swaption/Option on interest rate collars with cashflow

thepinkman Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I’d list what I’m punting but I have an irrational > fear that CFAI institute is monitoring these > forums. “Hey guys it looks like ThePinkman is > punting cash and carry arbitrage! Let’s throw an > entire item set in there and really f*ck his sh!t > up!” Perfect :o infact i’m bookmarking this page n gonna study everythin here extra well …