Thinking about getting a retabulation

hezagenius Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > $100 was worth peace of mind to me a few years > back even though I knew it wouldn’t change > anything I totally agree to this one. I faxed too even if I know it’s just a waste.

I’m also on the fence about a retab…what do you think? --------------------------------------------------------- Essay Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% 1 Portfolio Management - Individual 36 - - * 2 Portfolio Management - Individual 9 - * - 3 Portfolio Management - Institutional 36 - - * 4 Portfolio Management - Asset Allocation 17 - * - 5 Fixed Income Investments 13 * - - 6 Alternative Investments 11 * - - 7 Portfolio Management - Risk Management 17 * - - 8 Portfolio Management - Execution 14 * - - 9 Portfolio Management - Monitor&Rebalance 9 - * - 10 Portfolio Management – Performance Eval. 9 * - - 11 Portfolio Management 9 * - - Item Set Q# Topic Max Pts <=50% 51%-70% >70% - Alternative Investments 18 - - * - Derivatives 18 * - - - Economics 18 * - - - Equity Investments 36 - * - - Ethical & Professional Standards 36 - - * - Fixed Income Investments 36 - - * - Portfolio Management 18 - * - We have divided the full group of failed candidates into ten approximately equal score bands. Your score band below shows how your overall score on the exam compares with all other failed candidates. For example, if your reported score band is 1, you scored in approximately the bottom 10% of failed candidates. If your reported score band is 2, your score was within the next band width ranging from approximately the bottom 11% to 20% of failed candidates. If your score band is reported as 10, you scored in the top 10% of all failed candidates. Performance band of your overall score among all candidates who failed the exam: 10

deadbeat, Which of the questions 5-11 did you leave completely blank? I looks like you had more of a time management issue with the 2nd part of the AM session. I would guess you were very close to the MPS, and it appears that you did well in Ethics too. I think I might actually do the $100 if I were you. That is, of course, unless you got several zeros on the 2nd part of the AM session.

I left question #11 unanswered but think I panicked a little earlier in the am. It’s been a huge disappointment considering this is my 2nd time failing L3 (while working on the buyside). Thnx

For those who don’t want to spend the $100 for a retab, put it this way: if it works, you save another year of studying. if it fails, you will recoup that $100 in April and May when you spend your weekends studying instead of drinking. If you are in the '10" band, i think it’s worth the retab just to have piece of mind.