Thinking of moving out of finance - Sabbatical

In the last 6 months I have held onto things and it is getting worse. I see a tsunami and lots of bodies floating around. Quite a lot of intelligent and hardworking people are jobless and hopeless right now. Now I have got two opportunities to go into Healthcare, Tech space and wander around for 6 months. I am thinking that I can stay cashflow positive for 6 months and get back in when things are little sane. But, my biggest worry is that once I go out of finance space I may get lost in an unknown world & it may be difficult to get back in. Have you faced this dilemma in 2001 or 90’s boom/bust cycle? What is your experience?

You have a cfa mba & caia and you are going to abandon finance? Wow, seems like a waste

we are entering a brave new world. next 2 years will be very rough. if you are in and have a spot, do not give it up, unless you feel it is highly likley you will let go. If you leave I would assume that you will be out for at least 2 years, with a difficult re-entry.

Life is not about work. If you have time, why not? Go travel, have fun! Enjoy life!!

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Life is not about work. > If you have time, why not? Go travel, have fun! > Enjoy life!! x10

storko Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Life is not about work. > If you have time, why not? Go travel, have fun! > Enjoy life!! Good call…and the dollar has been rallying relative to the Euro and Pound Sterling…might not be a bad to to see the world.