This CFAI online practice question is obviously wrong

Q. Rule has worked as a portfolio manager for a large investment management firm for the past 10 years. Rule earned his CFA charter last year and has decided to open his own investment management firm. After leaving his current employer, Rule creates some marketing material for his new firm. He states in the material, “In earning the CFA charter, a highly regarded credential in the investment management industry, I further enhanced the portfolio management skills learned during my professional career. While completing the examination process in three consecutive years, I consistently received the highest possible scores on the topics of Ethics, Alternative Investments, and Portfolio Management.” Has Rule violated Standard VII(B)—Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program in his marketing material?

1. Rule violated Standard VII(B) in stating that he completed the exams in three consecutive years.
  2. Rule violated Standard VII(B) in stating that he received the highest scores in the topics of Ethics, Alternative Investments, and Portfolio Management.
  3. Rule did not violate Standard VII(B).

Solution

Answer B is correct according to Standard VII(B)—Reference to CFA Institute, the CFA Designation, and the CFA Program. CFA Program candidates do not receive their actual scores on the exam. Topic and subtopic results are grouped into three broad categories, and the exam is graded only as “pass” or “fail.” Although a candidate may have achieved a topical score of “above 70%,” she or he cannot factually state that she or he received the highest possible score because that information is not reported. Thus, answer C is incorrect. Answer A is incorrect as long as the member or candidate actually completed the exams consecutively. Standard VII(B) does not prohibit the communication of factual information about completing the CFA Program in three consecutive years.

It’s definitely out of date, but the answer’s still B.

You should let CFA Institute know about the error. Here’s their form.