this freaken exam is killing me

Going thru Schweser’s Book 3 on FSA and I want to hang myself cause the material is so dry and boring and to an extent so useless. god damn

The best I can do is, welcome you to my club!!

I HATE IT ! I really wonder why I am bothering to read this rubbish

Have you tried remembering the Black and Scholes formula? Or the Black formula? :slight_smile:

I don’t think we need to remember the formulas, just relationships and assumptions

You dont need to know BSM… just the greeks. Guys, level 2 is tough, but it has a lot of similar things as level 1. For example, I found corporate finance and ethics to be strikingly similar. Know all the necessary formulas, use your logic/common sense, do a bunch of problems and get to know the answers… you’ll be fine.

RealWarriorsOnlyPlease Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You dont need to know BSM… just the greeks. > > Guys, level 2 is tough, but it has a lot of > similar things as level 1. For example, I found > corporate finance and ethics to be strikingly > similar. Know all the necessary formulas, use > your logic/common sense, do a bunch of problems > and get to know the answers… you’ll be fine. You’re dead on about these topics, but freaken FSA has absolutely no relation (or logical follow-up) on what was on L1. If you read schweser, you go from the GDP formulas / concepts (interesting and actually useful in common day situations) to how to account for JV assets in about 2 pages. Dry !!!

Yes… FSA was challenging… but take the translation, JV questions, pension questions, redo them until you have memorized the questions and the answers… and you will be all set… The FSA part doesn’t really require a lot of thinking… it is like level 1 in that if you know the formulas/rules i.e. if you memorized the info, you just spit it back out. honestly the most challenging part I thought was the fixed income general questions, the PM questions pulled straight out of nowhere, and other less formulaic/rule based stuff… and that ultimately is the difference between 1 and 2.

u need to know JV for ibanking!! espec if they ask about the pooling method…

What is JV?

Joint Ventures

Joint venture => proportional consolidation?

“I don’t think we need to remember the formulas, just relationships and assumptions” Nothing woujld make me happier than you not remembering formulas.