This is beyond frustrating

I know this has probably been discussed before but I need a place to vent and get this off my chest. What better place than AF, right? I interviewed with a buyside organization for an “analyst level” role back in the middle of October. I was pretty excited when I got called in because this is exactly the sort of thing I want to do for a really long time and it’s step up compared to where I am now. I interviewed with the guy that would be heading the analyst team and we seemed to hit it off plus I know I did well on the technical questions he asked. He said as much and also told me that I’d be hearing back “very soon” w/r/t a 2nd round decision. I had a lot of interviews within the past two or three months and this was, in my opinion, one of the best two or three I had. Anyway, fast forward to today. Other than a brief response to a follow-up email I sent two weeks post-interview, I’ve had zero contact from this firm despite at least two other emails and a voice mail in the two months after my interview. I did initially submit my resume to them in June so maybe they always move slow and I know they just hired a new head HR person after the old one left but I can’t help think this is a ding that no one bothered to tell me about. *bangs head against wall*

October is a funny time to interview. November holidays are right around the corner and some people escape for much of December. You will probably be able to contact someone next week to hear if you are still in the game or not.

What if the new HR person somehow is blocking the flow? I’d try to call the team’s head and ask for an update. If you were actually dinged it doesn’t make a difference anyway. HR often considers applicants just as replaceable names in Excel.

I think you will be fine, just be patient.

Thanks guys. You are all too kind. Group hug?

Steely Dan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks guys. You are all too kind. Group hug? Noooooo. That’s gay. (nothing wrong with being gay

That happened with me earlier this year. I had a very good phone interview with a partner of the firm, and he immediately referred me another partner for an onsite interview. I met with the second partner and one of the analysts a couple weeks later, and they told me to follow up with them after a week. As he suggested, I dropped the partner an email a week later and heard nothing. I waited another week and then dropped the analyst an email and again got nothing. After another couple weeks, I dropped the original partner I interviewed with an email, and he gets back to me a couple days later and said he would check with the other two to see why they haven’t responded (they work in a different office from this guy). So I waited another 2 weeks and again heard nothing from anyone, so this time I called the second partner and left a voicemail and again got no response. Then I leave a voicemail for the analyst a couple days later and again no response. Lastly I call the original partner a week after that, left him a voicemail, and got no response. At this point I’m po’d but for some inexplicable reason still willing to put up with their sh!t, so another week later, I started using the *67 function and calling all three of them every 2 hours for 3 days straight. Finally I got the analyst on the phone and he said that they were still interviewing other people but was interested in bringing me back for another round soon and give him a couple weeks to get back to me. I said great I’ll wait to hear from you. Almost a year later and that follow up still hasn’t come. Final tally – 3 emails, 4 phone calls, countless *67 calls, and zero to show for it. Bottom line – if someone’s going to treat you like this during the interview process, it’s a pretty good indication of how they’ll treat you as an employee, and you probably don’t want to work there anyways.

Maybe you should photo shop some pictures of the guy you interviewed with in compromising circumstances and use them as blackmail?

artvandalay Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Maybe you should photo shop some pictures of the > guy you interviewed with in compromising > circumstances and use them as blackmail? I have some pics of you and brianr “reconciling” your differences.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > artvandalay Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > Maybe you should photo shop some pictures of > the > > guy you interviewed with in compromising > > circumstances and use them as blackmail? > > I have some pics of you and brianr “reconciling” > your differences. Yes, as I recall you recorded it and joined in several times, you particularly liked playing catcher.

^ Though I have those pics, it wasn’t me that took those pics. Got you to admit it though!