Those days I just can't study! Advice?

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > topher Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > ^lol. The main thing that’s wrong is the “one > > advice” part. You can’t offer one advice or two > > advices. You can provide advice. Or you could > > instead say something like, “There is only one > > piece of advice.” > > > Oh I see. Thanks man. Also, you can’t provide “advices,” but only “advice.” English can be such an illogical and ugly language. The problems that people have from it stem from the people being too logical. Another fun/stupid example: drink, drank, drunk but not think, thank, thunk

I have such days too… at first time when I felt so tired and couldn’t concentrate for learning I just take day-off from studying, but at next day I felt so disappointed for wasted time and started to learn with double drive… so next time when I felt so tired I just nap for some hour, the result was the same as takeing free day… For me also helps thinking about that if I won’t pass exam at June I will be able to re-take it only in next summer (in my country isn’t possibility to take exam on December) - and it will be wasted year…

sublimity any language is illogical both verbs, to drink and to think are irregular verbs, i.e. exceptions. Why would you look for a pattern in two irregular verbs? i can see you still remember kindergarten language classes, however adult learners don’t study it that fullish way

‘fullish’ +1

fantasize about the chick on the cover of schweser

Remind yourself why you are doing this. Try to see the light at the end of the tunnel. If that does not get you motivated, you should evaluate your commitment because you still have a long journey ahead. Good luck.

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > mo34 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > topher Wrote: > > > -------------------------------------------------- > > > ----- > > > ^lol. The main thing that’s wrong is the “one > > > advice” part. You can’t offer one advice or > two > > > advices. You can provide advice. Or you could > > > instead say something like, “There is only > one > > > piece of advice.” > > > > > > Oh I see. Thanks man. > > Also, you can’t provide “advices,” but only > “advice.” > > English can be such an illogical and ugly > language. The problems that people have from it > stem from the people being too logical. > > Another fun/stupid example: > > drink, drank, drunk > > but not > > think, thank, thunk I don’t think I’ll ever learn to write good English. I have read this morning a whole chapter about “Whose” and “Whom” and other such pronouns related garbage and still can’t my head around it.

You are weak and lack discipline. Thankfully you will probably fail and thus make the surviving candidates more valuable. Asking for advice is proof over your failure.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are weak and lack discipline. Thankfully you > will probably fail and thus make the surviving > candidates more valuable. > > Asking for advice is proof over your failure. LOL you are harsh. I take it that it’s a partial joke?

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are weak and lack discipline. Thankfully you > will probably fail and thus make the surviving > candidates more valuable. > > Asking for advice is proof over your failure. I admit. I’m a failure. Now can you tell me how can I write like numi in 6 weeks ?

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity > any language is illogical > both verbs, to drink and to think are irregular > verbs, i.e. exceptions. Why would you look for a > pattern in two irregular verbs? > i can see you still remember kindergarten language > classes, however adult learners don’t study it > that fullish way Yeah, are more emptyish rather than the fullish. If they weren’t irregular verbs, then I would not have been unable to not hide how illogical it wax, right? A lot of correct English usage has to do simply with growing up here and picking it up.

learning english as a foreign language can help in certain instances cause i’ve seen native speakers make writing mistakes that nobody who learned english formally would ever make, such as “I would of done something” instead of “would have done”. it happens when you try to write phonetically i guess

If it was easy, everyone would do it. Or nobody would because the designation would be worthless. Grab a Red Bull, or coffee or whatever, take a few minutes to read something very relaxing and head back in. Do an easier subject and go back to the difficult stuff when you are feeling it.

Mobius, I am not a native speaker, however I do this kind of mistakes as well Sublimity, foolish

mo34 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > timotimo Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > You are weak and lack discipline. Thankfully > you > > will probably fail and thus make the surviving > > candidates more valuable. > > > > Asking for advice is proof over your failure. > > I admit. I’m a failure. > > Now can you tell me how can I write like numi in 6 > weeks ? I believe he was referring to the OP, not you.

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Mobius, > I am not a native speaker, however I do this kind > of mistakes as well It shows.

timotimo Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > You are weak and lack discipline. Thankfully you > will probably fail and thus make the surviving > candidates more valuable. > > Asking for advice is proof over your failure. I hope the thread starter fails as well.

sublimity i hope you speak some other language as well, otherwise you are being just… foolish :slight_smile:

Valores Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sublimity > i hope you speak some other language as well, > otherwise you are being just… foolish :slight_smile: Hello Taniamadrid. I only read 3 of your posts, of your 8 total so far with this new username, to figure you out. Telling signs: - use of smiley face as punctuation - lack of caps - use of “…” - valores is a Spanish word, and we know where Madrid is located - poor use of English - incoherence of thought in general the idiom, is “you just got owned”

sublimity Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Valores Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > sublimity > > i hope you speak some other language as well, > > otherwise you are being just… foolish :slight_smile: > > > Hello Taniamadrid. > > I only read 3 of your posts, of your 8 total so > far with this new username, to figure you out. > > Telling signs: > - use of smiley face as punctuation > - lack of caps > - use of “…” > - valores is a Spanish word, and we know where > Madrid is located > - poor use of English > - incoherence of thought in general > > the idiom, is “you just got owned” I believe it’s “pwned” B-)