Those Who Passed- Anyone use Scweser Exam 2

I noticed a few threads for “tips” where people only mentioned using Schweser Practice Exams Book 1. Being a repeater and using Schweser Book 2 practice exams book I notice the questions were really tough and many of them not really applicable. Did anyone else find this about the Schweser Book 2 ?

I did both of them. I remember than one of the exam books was just a repeat of questions already asked in the notes. It had questions by level rather than an actual exam. Maybe I’m wrong.

Yes, I think that was book 2. had old EOC and Actual exam questions. I remember thinking that some of this material wasnt even tested, or isnt even the curiculum and since I was doing that book 2 weeks before exam date, I fgured that was doing more harm than good. Maybe I should Focus on Practice Exam Vloume 1 only, and do EOC from CFAI current texts instead of Volume 2 of Schweser exams

If you didn’t do the EOC the first time, you did yourself a great disservice. They were very helpful for the actual exam.

3rdtimesacharm? Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I noticed a few threads for “tips” where people > only mentioned using Schweser Practice Exams Book > 1. > > Being a repeater and using Schweser Book 2 > practice exams book I notice the questions were > really tough and many of them not really > applicable. > > Did anyone else find this about the Schweser Book > 2 ? did you use q-bank as well, are they useful at all?

noytmikcap Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 3rdtimesacharm? Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I noticed a few threads for “tips” where people > > only mentioned using Schweser Practice Exams > Book > > 1. > > > > Being a repeater and using Schweser Book 2 > > practice exams book I notice the questions were > > really tough and many of them not really > > applicable. > > > > Did anyone else find this about the Schweser > Book > > 2 ? > > did you use q-bank as well, are they useful at > all? I found qbank useful for L1 and L2 but nothing really helpful for L3. Maybe nailing the GIPS and Ethics stuff but nothing really worthwhile for L3 in my opnion, but what do I know, i failed !

As my wife said - how do these people reach level III? Just read some of the bizarre posts from freaks. For God’s sake just read, practice and take the exam. It’s a crap shoot at level III as you can see from the results other than 2006 when the score went off the scales. 50% of great people will pass.

cdiem Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > As my wife said - how do these people reach level > III? Just read some of the bizarre posts from > freaks. For God’s sake just read, practice and > take the exam. It’s a crap shoot at level III as > you can see from the results other than 2006 when > the score went off the scales. 50% of great > people will pass. I agree with your wife 100%! Seriously!

Thanks mpnoonan. You don’t know how right you are. It’s quite frightening that she still loves me and somehow, on a couple of bizarre nights, we still made time to generate two wonderful guys, and in total, I now have four kids and all I say to everybody on this course - it’s achievable, even with lots of kids and a beautiful wife who wants this as much as each and everybody on this forum wants - even the single 25 year old arse holse (intentional mispelling) who believe this exam is the 'bee-all-and-ened-all. Four kids, a beautiful wife, drinks every night, and no more fixed income. Just crap from single guys who think they own the world. One final comment - I’m also an ACA. Not a good thing for the US guys and Gals. But they can challenge if they want. Wailting mpoonan - not from you my friend.

I didn’t…I am a cheapskate, I used purely just CFA curriculum…Good luck!

Good luck next year.

I used Q-back extensively for L1 and L2, and found it somewhat useful for L3, but to a much lesser degree than the first two levels. I did the schweser exam book 2 for L1 and L2 and found it to be not very helpful. I didn’t use it at all for L3 and passed.

I did every test I could get my hands on. The reason I got the WACC essay question right was that there was a similar essay ? in the last practice exam in book 2, which I took the day before the test. Exposing yourself to more questions can only help.

I think everyone got that question right. Check out the scores. Looks like it got tossed.

I did both schweser books but I think they helped more in getting my time mgmr. right as opposed to the actual content on the exams . IMO the EOC and CFA sample/mocks helped me a lot more . In fact a lot of the questions on the schweser exams are way too open ended and poorly sturctured unlike the actual CFA exam which are a lot more specific . I didnt use the Q bank too much for level 3 . I think the best practice exam is the BSAS exam .

Rudeboi is right. I passed level 3 and didnt use much of Schweser Questions. i focused on the past questions ans the CFA sample and mock exams. Schweser did a terrible job with their questions (books and Qbank). they dont represent the actual exam AT ALLL. (Thats my opinion)

Q Bank sucked for level 3. Not comparable to level 2 and CERTAINLY not to Level 1 where it was fantastic. I did the Schweser exams and felt they were pretty good. In fact, I felt I could use every mock exam I could lay my hands on. Also did BSAS and the CFAI mocks. Especially for the essays, I think Schweser had some pretty good tips that saved me a HUGE amount of time on exam-day.

For the first time at a level, I did all 6 Practice Exams (Vol 1/2). Found it to be invaluable in the last month for topic review and providing discipline. Don’t worry about your score, focus on learning concepts. I would check answers I as I took the exam if I had no idea–no sense writing down BS on a practice. I would recommend spending very little, if any, time with Schweser Pro. Personally, I strongly dislike reading off the computer, but some of the questions were ok. CFA EOC/mocks/samples, Schweser Vol 1/2 and reviewing Blue Box examples (BBEs) is all the problem solving you need (which is still a lot)

Bump

No need. Schweser Book 1 and Old CFAI exams are sufficient.