Thoughts on job

Hello, I was hoping to get some feedback on the below position. This is with a large mutual fund company and I am hoping this will get me some good exposure to the Quant team for future opportunities. Would this position in itself be acceptable work experience for the charter? Any thoughts would be appreciated. Investment Data Analyst The team is a global, investment data management organization that specializes in the sourcing, analysis, integration, management and distribution of both security and portfolio level data. The team provides these data services for reference, evaluative, performance and analytical data in support of global investment decision making organizations. The team specializes in managing and integrating constituent level benchmark data and portfolio characteristics data used by investment management and support organizations to measure portfolio performance, assess portfolio construction. Position Description: This newly created role will support the Equity Quantitative Analysis group to provide operational and data management support that will directly impact investment management decision makers. Quality, timeliness and accuracy are critical to the success of this data function. We are seeking a highly motivated and responsive team player who is able to multi-task, work under minimal supervision and escalate issues in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities: • Work closely with the Quant team to research, analyze, and resolve raw data validation issues, security data integration and matching exceptions and portfolio level data issues • Proactively identify potential data issues, perform data analysis and provide viable solution alternatives • Assist in the data acquisition and distribution process by ensuring data is loaded and distributed in a timely manner • Identify and resolve data exceptions resulting from either vendor data or internal data issues • Recommend and document policies and procedures for operational functions • Create metrics and perform trend analysis from daily operational activities • Develop working relationships with other investment data analysts to optimize effectiveness • Lead and manage small operational projects • Participate in all aspects of efficiency and development projects e.g., assist investment professional with business and data requirements specification • Participate in project requirements sessions and produce requirements analysis documentation, encompassing business requirements and/or data requirements • Continuously evolve market/vendor data expertise and knowledge of internal business objectives/rules/processes to make a tangible contribution to the quantitative team’s ability to improve investment performance • Provide training and development opportunities and serve in mentoring role as group evolves

I would say yes. But don’t take my opinion as fact. Just be sure the position entails 50% in the investment decision process.