tie fetish

this tie is hot http://www.vineyardvines.com/index.cfm/fuseaction/products.detail/categoryID/d2853193-5e7d-4349-82a8-1a6d89f44daa/productID/dc09ae06-c841-4240-af1c-24081e1ce6e3/ just kidding, but where you guys buy your gear? just curious, always on the look for new ideas, etc. as the bard wrote, worlds a stage.

I bought all my ties on sale – most of the came from Bergdorf Goodman, Barneys, or Saks Fifth Avenue. I paid less than $100 for almost all my ties, with the exception of a couple of Kiton seven-folds that I really liked. The only problem is that I went on a tie-buying craze last year, only to discover in my current role that it’s predominantly business casual…so I have a huge number of ties just hanging in my closet that I don’t even wear. In fact, I even have a couple with all the labels still attached and that I never wore, which I will probably return to the store next time I go back to New York. I don’t have a tie fetish per se, but I did go on a spree last year and I have to warn you that to be careful when buying ties, even when they’re on sale It can be an addictive habit. Business attire is one item that I’m willing to go all out on, and if I didn’t like my tie collection as much as I do, I’d probably be suffering buyer’s remorse right now.

I went to the silk market in beijing and bought a handful of ties when I lived there in 2005. Pretty good quality - have to search them out. They aren’t Hermes, but there are some good finds there.

Can’t go wrong with Brooks Brothers. Great quality and value. Vineyard Vines ties looks really sharp too and I like the way they tie, great fabric.