Ties

So I was having a conversation with an Image Consultant on corporate wear the other day. I was in agreement with her that the tie is the one piece of attire that where a person’s character can come through. But she mentioned that a red tie is good for gaining attention or making a major announcement(Which I agree), but NOT for job interviews. “You do not want to be presenting yourself as powerful than the people who are interviewing you”. Is this really always the case?

I avoid red ties for interviews. I go by the general principle that you should just fit in. You don’t want to be remembered for wearing something too expensive, gaudy, etc. A red tie is an attention-getter, and could possibly be either overlooked or remembered depending on the interviewer. But why risk it?

red = communist

Yes, not red but solid burgundy is the winner.

For interview, generally a yellow tie (mean friendly)

Blue tie hands down. Who agrees?

^+1 I wear blue ties to my first interviews always.

Pink Shirt with White Tie for first interview

Obama always wears red ties.

No tie cause I’m a boss …

daviskr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > No clothes cause I’m a boss … Works for me boss.

For the life of me I can’t remember what tie the last guy I hired wore to the interview, could have been a Smurf montage for all I know. Then again maybe it had an unconscious effect on me. Generally I care a lot more about their skills, abilities, and drive.

stromey Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > For the life of me I can’t remember what tie the > last guy I hired wore to the interview, could have > been a Smurf montage for all I know. Then again > maybe it had an unconscious effect on me. > Generally I care a lot more about their skills, > abilities, and drive. True, but if someone comes in dressed like an asshole it’s going to leave an impression on you. That is undeniable.

brianr Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > stromey Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > For the life of me I can’t remember what tie > the > > last guy I hired wore to the interview, could > have > > been a Smurf montage for all I know. Then again > > maybe it had an unconscious effect on me. > > Generally I care a lot more about their skills, > > abilities, and drive. > > True, but if someone comes in dressed like an > asshole it’s going to leave an impression on you. > That is undeniable. Hey some of my best friends are @#$%&'s, but you make a good point.

No ties allowed

I wear a lot of pale purple and pale blue ties. they are nice yet toned down. I try to never wear anything too loud. http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=212&Product_Id=1424860&Parent_Id=210&default_color=PURPLE&sort_by=&sectioncolor=Purple&sectionsize=

goldenboy09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I wear a lot of pale purple and pale blue ties. > they are nice yet toned down. I try to never wear > anything too loud. > > http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatProductPage.pro > cess?Merchant_Id=1&Section_Id=212&Product_Id=14248 > 60&Parent_Id=210&default_color=PURPLE&sort_by=&sec > tioncolor=Purple&sectionsize= don’t like the green dots, but I like BB ties. Have 20 of the in my closet and haven’t worn any since ~April. I sometimes wish I would wear ties to work, but then I just remind myself of that one guy who wears ties to work every day and looks like a D*bag