"TikTok raises national security concerns"

I may be older but just bust me my college jam and tonight we are young!

So let’s set the world on fire We can burn brighter Than the sun

https://youtu.be/PgmMTh_MqGM

Seeing Travis Scott vibe with this song literally makes me miss my weekly clubbing days. Oh to be young! So much ambition and energy. It felt like we would take over this world.

How come we can’t force them to do tech transfer to US companies? I don’t even get it, don’t we already have youtube, fb, instagram and twitter for videos?

tiktok is good at recommending trending videos. less boring shit. more about dance challenges. or amazing stunts. not flat earth crap. it is more about trending videos for everyone as oppose to your friend’s personal content

Lol my dudes so I showed my boss what tiktok is. Low key for the next 3 tiktok a it’s thots dancing. 1 with a bikini booty. Yum yum.

Nerdy be mad no more thots just local mamacitas

It makes sense. Didn’t the Chinese ban American tech companies. It’s only right that we do the same. Instagrams explore is pretty much like Tik Tok. If America wants to remain the greatest we need to stand in the way of greatness.

lol what a traitor.

TikTok CEO Kevin Mayer is accusing Facebook of using patriotism as an unfair way to attack the Chinese-owned consumer app.

“At TikTok we welcome competition. We think fair competition makes all of us better,” Mayer said in a blog note posted Wednesday. “But let’s focus our energies on fair and open competition in service of our consumers, rather than maligning attacks by our competitor — namely Facebook — disguised as patriotism and designed to put an end to our very presence in the U.S.”

Mayer’s post comes after Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg’s prepared remarks were published ahead of his testimony before the House Judiciary subcommittee on antitrust scheduled for Wednesday. In those remarks, Zuckerberg touted Facebook as being “a proudly American company.”

“We believe in values — democracy, competition, inclusion and free expression — that the American economy was built on,” Zuckerberg wrote. “Many other tech companies share these values, but there’s no guarantee our values will win out. For example, China is building its own version of the internet focused on very different ideas, and they are exporting their vision to other countries.”

Kevin Mayer is a douche and a traitor.

TikTok is just another example of the broader ayssmetric benefits China enjoys in US markets, but which are not reciprocated nearly as much for the US in Chinese markets. Kevin and many others are decrying that only if FB, Google, Twitter, etc… followed Chinese local laws then they could do business there. This might be technically true, but in practice is nearly impossible. China made sure to home-grow its tech at the expense of foreign rivals. Moreover, even if somehow US-tech could gain a serious toe-hold, there’s no way the Western public would allow it for long (imagine the massive backlash FB would get for helping the CCP locate and imprison dissidents).

As such, this really becomes an ever broader discussion of the differences in core values of China vs. the West. Until there is a more level playing field for the US in China and/or an adjustment of values (for either group), then expect more protectionism, more flare-ups, etc…

trump might force byte dance to sell tik tok. tik tok belongs to america. it is time we take over!!! MAGA!!! ■■■ for tat baby!!

poor nerdy no more tic tac

apparently, Microsoft is considering buying Tik Tok:

Apparently trump doesn’t care. Wants to ban altogether. So many creators in tiktok panicking. Trying to get people to join them on YouTube or Instagram. Maga!!! Anyways it’s kind of disappointing that we have to be protectionist to compete. Shows how second rate the us has become. Anyways I fully support it. Hopefully Instagram steps it up.

waht i dont udnerstand. since we pulled this ■■■■ on china. why dont other countries pull this same beta ■■■■ on our tech companies. in hindsight. it seems france was right to tax digital tech cos. lets end globalization. and let it begin in the us. force all us teh tech co to divest their overseas segments. lol