Time between L1 and L2

Just wrote L1 in December, assuming I passed, would you register for L2 for June 2008 or wait until June 2009? What is your experience with writing L2 right after L1, is there enough time to study properly? Thanks

I don’t know if it’s appropriate to publish a link here but there is actually a pretty good article or blog on that very subject here: http://www.schweser.com/public_blog/blog.php?item_id=161&public_blog_level=cfa2

i took the time off since i was burnt out after L1 but my girlfriend took them back to back and said there was enough overlap that it was helpful to do them back to back. but she was REALLY burnt out after L2

I am in the same boat as you LilliliLand. I am waiting to see if I passed Dec 07 Level I. If I did, I plan on doing Level II in June 08. I will only have 4 months and it will require alot( if not all) my free time and it will be a brutal 4 months but I figure it is worth the time and effort. I am going to try it just because I really don’t want to wait a year and a half to take Level II. I might forget everything. Thats my $.02.

u guys are going to need a vacation to hawaii after level 2

mike0021 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i took the time off since i was burnt out after L1 > but my girlfriend took them back to back and said > there was enough overlap that it was helpful to do > them back to back. but she was REALLY burnt out > after L2 yea… i feel it.

I passed L1 in Dec 06 and took L2 in June 07. I agree about the burnout factor (almost 1 full year of studying). But if you take L2 right away there is not only some overlap but you already have the basic concepts and formulas committed to memory (statistics, ratios, equity valuation…). You also benefit from being in a studying state of mind ((you have committed yourself for 4-6 mos already, whats another 4-6 mo anyway…). Worst case you fail and take it again anyway. best case you pass and and you are 6mo ahead of the game. But I failed L2 so what do I know… By the way I started studying 3 weeks ago for L2 again and I am having a tough time getting motivated…

I was thinking about writing level 2 in June after having just passed in December, but I figure with a one-week vacation, moving out with the wife, and only 4 months to study, waiting until 2009 would be more appropriate. Just wish they offered it twice a year, in which case I would have signed up for December.

I wish I’d known about that schweser offer - I would have done that! I have to admit that the fact that I won’t be starting until 2/1 to study for 08L2 is slightly distressing, but I found a good study regimen for L1. Hopefully a thoughtful approach (BBD had a good one on here for L2), brute force, and a complete sacrifice of my social life will be sufficient.