Time Constraints

If you are currently working, when do you find time to study? I’ve been in the office from 7-9 the past two weeks. I don’t see how I can compete with people who are free to study all day long…

wow, you only work 2 hours/day? what are you complaining about? : )

Because even the people who have time to study all day are having a hard time studying all day and hate all the stupid calculations what they will never use once they are working again:) I feel for you, I couldn’t do both too and had to give up one (the job) for long term goals. Some people actually do it and do it well so my hat to them. Working and studying is hard but can be done apparently. Keep trying, it’s you vs. the 70% correct you need on exam day.

14 weekend days left = 8 *14 = 122 hours Plus if you can sneak in 2 hours per day on avg on weekdays = 40 * 2 = 80 So you can concievably still fit in 222 hours between now and the exam even with your work hours. not enough granted, but if you have been working since beginning of Feb you have probably done 200 hours already. in other words, it isn’t going to be easy but we all knew that when we signed up lucky for me my work hours are more 8 to 6

i am with newsuper… my hours are closer to 8-6 right now… I try my best to get 5 hours a night in… that means gym, home by 7… study… make dinner while trying to read (usually salad or hot pocket, something that takes literally 5 min) then back to study until midight or 1 ish… then time to do it all again. Needless to say i have absolutely no life. And i dont always make the 5 hours… last night i started studying around 7 and around 9:30 i heard my roommate in the other room watching the fast and the furious and accidentally walked in… i got back to studying at like 10, but gave up shortly after… 7-9 is a rough schedule tho… can see that being extremely tough…

My hours have been rugged as well this busy season. You have to make time and accept being tired all day. I study before and after work during the week and than most of the day Sunday. I have to admit there are moments each day where I want to punt my books, move to Orlando, and become a Disney Character.

1 hour on the bus going to work 1 hour coming home. 3 hours a night after the kids go to bed.

mth184 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If you are currently working, when do you find > time to study? I’ve been in the office from 7-9 > the past two weeks. I don’t see how I can compete > with people who are free to study all day long… I would advise staying up as late as possible and then deliriously working through your workday. Stay off the caffeine in the day and shoot it up at night. Save all your good brain cells for studying.

How many hrs you people are planning to devote in total? and what are recommended hrs (for average candidate)?

I work more like 8-5. If it isn’t too busy I can get an 45 min or so in at lunch. Typically I stay at the office until 9-10pm hitting the books then go home. If I am lucky I see/hold my 8 week old for 15 minutes before her and my wife go to bed, then hit the gym to regain some sanity and clear my head, and then am out the door usually as they are waking the next morning. On the weekends, I get up and head right back to the office. I am essentially missing 90% of the first 4 months of my first child’s life for this exam, but I knew what I was getting into from the start. Working 7-9 every day is certainly a challenge, but you just have to make time where you can.

lol phillip you nailed it right on the head with that one