time enough?

Hi, was curious if 4 months is enough to prepare for the L2 exam, esp when your working? (i am on a lookout for a job, hence not sure how tough it could get), or waiting for june 09 would be a better idea? and how much of a difference does it make if you pass CFA in the first attempt…or does it really matter?

sandcfa09 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Hi, was curious if 4 months is enough to prepare > for the L2 exam, esp when your working? (i am on a > lookout for a job, hence not sure how tough it > could get), or waiting for june 09 would be a > better idea? and how much of a difference does it > make if you pass CFA in the first attempt…or > does it really matter? what matter’s is passing, not whether you went 3/3.

just sign up if money is not an issue :wink:

if you can commit your self to study 2 hours per day (at least) and try finishing up 2 weaks b4 the exam… ur good. assess ur capabilities and decide.

4 months better be enough time…

Turkish Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 4 months better be enough time… I feel the same way, still waiting for my books. :-/

I’m cutting everything off for the next 4 months (except work and the occassional friday/saturday night drink and the gym).

i’m with you rrmm and turkish…4 months had better be enough! just had a read through ethics, and started FSA yesterday. Actually started with quant 1st but my head started hurting by the time i got to multiple regression-anyone else feel the same?

4 months is way enough. I think its important to have the “ritual” mode turned on VS the hard sacrificing mentality. Ritual meaning making studying a natural routine part of our life with a solid understanding of our purpose rather than a stoic sacrifice of our beer/sex life. Some of you might think its the same thing, but its quite different. We must get rid of the negative painful experience of understanding time series, and just see it as a daily routine to sit our ass down and read the text. As long as we have the ritual to devote every spare minute to learn something and maintain this for 4 months, we definitely have a good shot. Even if we fail, we will definitely have learned quite a good lot and will certainly rape the exam in 2009. I’m a little high, but I think I have some M&A concept checkers to check out.