Time Horizon

How many?

I said 1, then 2.

i said 2 then 3. i made some lame argument about how a drawdown of 1/4 of the investment portfolio was a major liquidity event with its own time horizon.

i said 2 then 3. it said 2009 in the question, not 2010, so they had 1 year until retirement, then retirement. they were going to retire in a year.

should year of work been included prior to retirement at 60?

BLOU23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > should year of work been included prior to > retirement at 60? In hindsight, probably. On the exam, I did not separate out the first 1 year.

a year of work should definitely be included. On some of the old CFAI exams they did less than a year.

That one was stupid. I got really confuse by that one. they ask at 60 and 65. at60 you are in retirement , I said it is one long-term, at65, it is again . Althought shorter but still one. Now if they to strech my immagination, i do not what to do.

it also said time horizons as of 2009 assuming you retire when you’re 60, and 65. you retire at 60 in 2010.

so what was 3 for 65?

first time horizon 2009 until 2010 (200k deposit had to be made in 2010 that would come from the portfolio). 2010 until retirement. Retirement. Anytime there is a large cash outflow from the portfolio you have a time horizon (or a change in cash flows).

One single stage of retirement. They retire at 60 in 2010

they were 59 and retiring at 60 0r 65, either way 2 stages either 1 yr or 6 yr to retirement

tibwa Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > That one was stupid. I got really confuse by that > one. > > they ask at 60 and 65. at60 you are in retirement > , I said it is one long-term, > > at65, it is again . Althought shorter but still > one. Now if they to strech my immagination, i do > not what to do. yeah, i thought the same thing. but i think i’m wrong on at least one.

I chose 1 and then 2 Maybe i should have included the first year of work, but I thought I could remember Serra (the footballplayer) who also retired in one year and only had 1 time horizon

The Serra question is in CFAI2006am. It’s the same. He has one year to retirement, but it’s not included in time horizon.

2 if they retired at 60, 3 if at 65 if retired at 60 - they are 59 now - 1 yr till retirement then retirement if retired at 65 - they are 59 now - then have a major cash outflow at 60 for university - then retirement so time horizons are - pre retirement before college outflow, pre retirement post college outflow, retirement

http://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/essaylevelthree.html look at 2006

Serra definitely had long, single stage. heck, maybe i got a few points (missed second one)