time off work

salad diets begin from now on… heavy carb’s are just too sleepy for me

We get 5 extra days off as a perk when we sit for a CFA exam. Pretty generous, I know. I use them to take Fridays off all May. I’ve got a 4-day weekend coming up (Friday off and Monday off for Memorial Day) so I should be able to crank then. Next week, I’ll take Friday off, but that will be pretty light…going over my formula sheets, brushing up on Ethics/GIPS, etc. Some here use their 5 days to take the week before off, but I can’t cram it all in like that. I lose focus after a few days in a row.

work is generous with days off for me too, so I’ll be off all of next week. I actually find it pretty relaxing as I get my 8 or so hours in by 5 and then just take it easy the rest of the evening. Close the books at 2pm Friday and that will be that!

I actually don’t study for the last two weeks before the exam…just drink beer and see what happens. Worked for L1 and L2.

I’m taking 2.5 days of holiday leave, which the fim matches with 2.5 days study leave. In those 7 days from Saturday to the following Friday I’ll be aiming for 10 hours a day. FML

Starting my time off this Thursday, taking the week after the exam off too. I am actually excited for this last cramming session, feeling really motivated now to kick this thing it the nuts.

Aimee Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 1morelevel, I seem to be suffering the same > phenomeon today!! Hope I snap out of it soon so I > can get some good time in tonight. > > I’ll be off starting this Friday… not sure yet > what I’ll do with myself that whole time but I’m > guessing a lot of practice exams and review > sessions. I guess the sleep deprevation, lack of movement (totally sedentary) and diet of cafeine and microwaved popcorn eventually makes you feel like a truck hit you.

Brent Favre - “We get 5 extra days off as a perk when we sit for a CFA exam.” Me too! So colleagues think I’m wasting leave, but I didn’t bother explaining the perk. I can’t wake up these days. Last night I tried to sleep earlier (i.e. 00:30 as oppposed to 01:30) but I still woke up past 08:00! I didn’t even hear my alarm clock! I can normally get up at 06:15/06:30. I even halted my running to save energy for this month. Why why why am I so tired?