time off work

how much time off work is everyone taking in the next 2 wks? At best, I can take the last 2 days before exam off…really putting a damper on my studying…stupid markets 2 weeks off would be glorious…I would be much more confident about the exam.

I used to take the week before week off to study, but I don’t think I could do that now.

No time off… I am not wasting any vacation time on this garbage.

using two precious vaca days for this garbage

The opportunity cost of not working even one less hour is too high ($$ wise). But I have applied for 4 days leave - I better pass this sh!t.

I’m taking one day off. I probably won’t do much studying, but at least I’ll be able to kick back and relax.

haha i guess I’m the odd man out here… I’m taking 8 days off (there goes a quarter of my vacation though!) I need all the time I can get to cram it in.** The plan is starting Wednesday, 10-15 hour study days until the end. I’m stopping at about 5:00 pm on Friday to relax though. I should be able to log a little over 100 hours in these last two weeks. **That’s what she said.

How do you fit in 10-15 hours study per day? When do you eat? When do you wake up and go to bed?

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I need all the time I can get to cram it in.** > > **That’s what she said. LOL. That reminds me I haven’t had a chance to watch last week’s episode of the Office…

bidder Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How do you fit in 10-15 hours study per day? When > do you eat? When do you wake up and go to bed? Well like I said, I’m taking off basically the next two weeks. I’ll probably get to the library around 8:00am… and leave when it closes at midnight. Then do about 20-30 mins of notecards before bed. Then repeat. I mean obviously I’ll take a few breaks in there. But on the whole, I’m studying. It worked for 1&2… I’m sure as hell not changing things now! hahah

CF_AHHHHHHHHH Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > haha i guess I’m the odd man out here… I’m > taking 8 days off (there goes a quarter of my > vacation though!) > > I need all the time I can get to cram it in.** > > The plan is starting Wednesday, 10-15 hour study > days until the end. I’m stopping at about 5:00 pm > on Friday to relax though. > > I should be able to log a little over 100 hours in > these last two weeks. > > > > > > **That’s what she said. 10 - 15hrs/day…wow, that’s something. I can’t be productive after 8 hrs…probably closer to 6 if I was reading something crappy (which is pretty much anything on L3)

10-15 hours is very achievable. Wake up 6-7am, study. Have 2-3 breaks for lunch and bathroom which should total about 1.5 hours of the day, then go to bed at like 12-2am. Wake up the next morning feeling like someone hit you over the face. Rinse and repeat.

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > > Wake up the next morning feeling like someone hit > you over the face. Rinse and repeat. +1

mp2438 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > 10-15 hours is very achievable. Wake up 6-7am, > study. Have 2-3 breaks for lunch and bathroom > which should total about 1.5 hours of the day, > then go to bed at like 12-2am. > > Wake up the next morning feeling like someone hit > you over the face. Rinse and repeat. Thats what I did over the weekend and today I have a hangover. WTF? Study hangover?

OMG…! I thought 8-10 hours a day was productive. Now you’re making me feel bad.

wish I could do that CF_AHH… it should be well worth it. taking 3 days off last week. Goal is over next week flip thru 1 Schweser book/per day and memorize the formulas and advantages/disadvantages of items that you come across. throw in GIPS and Ethics/AMC from CFA text. got up at 1am today…studied till 3am, and then back to bed and then up at 5.30. weird beginning for this week.

1morelevel, I seem to be suffering the same phenomeon today!! Hope I snap out of it soon so I can get some good time in tonight. I’ll be off starting this Friday… not sure yet what I’ll do with myself that whole time but I’m guessing a lot of practice exams and review sessions.

taking the week off. I only get 3 weeks vacation and no money to go anywhere.

3 days from 2nd to 4th

no time off for me… but a whole month off right after the test! yeah baby! -i am feeling “hungover” as well… eyes hurting so bad… drank 2 cups of coffee already, but it’s not helping me!