time on the exam

Is anyone else taking a lot less of the allotted time on Level 2 practice than on Level 1? I actually ran out of time on Part 1 PM in December. Now I’m easily finishing schweser practice exams in under 2 hrs. I’m not complaining, but I’m also starting to worry that I’m missing something.

Don’t worry the CFA will always have a few abstract or odd question on some basic concept where none of the answers make sense and drive you crazy…thus give you plenty to work on. But you should be ok on time

Dude I am completely feeling the same way. 3 hours for 60 questions seems like an ample amount of time. The longest time I have taken on any practice exam was 2hrs 15mins. But as justin said above, the CFAI will find a way for us all to spend 40 mins on one vignette.

In L1 I was always short of time on the Schweser exams. In the actual thing I finised the PM section in 90 minutes. In the L2 mock, I took an average of 2 hrs to finish the whole thing in each session, so 3hrs should be more than enough time

I also finished the schweser mock exams around 2 to 2.5 hours. Any of you guys are re-takers and have any idea what is the level of difficulty of the schweser mocks versus the real thing?

2010CFACFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I also finished the schweser mock exams around 2 > to 2.5 hours. Any of you guys are re-takers and > have any idea what is the level of difficulty of > the schweser mocks versus the real thing? They are not the same. Schweser draws out these comprehensive vignettes that are 2x longer than what you’ll see on exam day. In addition, they also throw more calculations than you’ll see.

I just took a couple vignettes from reading 41, 42, those detailed equity vignettes could easily swallow 18 minutes each

Agreed - working though a session much quicker than on L1. Good thing, as there will be several questions that I will need to come back to this time around.