Time series - linear vs AR model

Is my understanding correct that with a linear trend model you can use the durban watson test while with an AR model you have to use a t-test?

i think so

you can use the DW stat in time series as long as the independent variable isn’t a time lagged instance of the dependent variable, this is a very important distinction to make, one that I think will be tested.

Black Swan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > you can use the DW stat in time series as long as > the independent variable isn’t a time lagged > instance of the dependent variable, this is a very > important distinction to make, one that I think > will be tested. you can use the DW stat in regression…

the cfai text explicitely points out that dw can’t be used when the ind VAR is a time lagged instance of the dependent, is it wrong (has happened before) or is my understanding incorrect (happens quite frequently)?

You are right according to the text Swan. DW can’t be used on a AR model. Testing for autocorrelation must be done other ways.