Time to throw in the towel?

Yeup!

It’s hard to feel good about throwing in the towel while you’re in the thick of it. Decide whether to take Level III once you’ve passed Level II this June.

One thing that’s helped is getting up early on the weekends. I’m studying by 6 AM - but I’m done by noon. Starting early doesn’t feel like a sacrifice and I love being able to spend the afternoons enjoying the sunshine & being with friends. Put in a couple more hours on Sunday night, an hour here or there doing the workweek and you’ve banked 20 - easy breezy. Since you’ve already covered the material, you have practically 2 months to review and get it down. Based on percentage weights assigned by the CFA Institute, FRA, Fixed Income, Equity, & Ethics will make up at least 50% of the exam.

You’ve got to run a lot more than 26 miles to finish a marathon.

never a truer word.

165h is not enough dude, you should put another 150h into this and keep grinding.

I’m freaking out as well. I just did the morning session of the CFA mock: 42%.

Did anyone else notice Schweser is now recommending 375-500 hours for level 2? Not sure how long the 300 hr rule of thumb has been around but it seems about time to recalibrate. I dont believe the typical candidate can do it in 300 hours, even with a strict and honest count.

Honestly, even 400h is not enough in my opinion. 500h should be the objective, to have a good chance at passing.

I do not know how far along I am since I don’t count the hours, but i’m probably way above 300 (probably around 350) and I have not taken any mocks yet.

Nay…I say 600 hours!

Just kidding…I think. I think a lot of candidates are like me, and they know that they study a lot and just sort of assume that it ends up being 300 hours because that’s the number that gets tossed around. Plus people don’t want to admit needing 50% more time than everybody else. I wouldn’t be surprised if the true average number for candidates is north of 400.