Timothy Sykes getting knocked out

just curious, how come no one has put a butt whooping on Tim Sykes yet? i would imagine him running off at the mouth in a club would have gotten his butt taxed. the guy is calling value investors pansies. dude needs to get in the octagon.

B/c there are thousands of Tim Sykeses running around in this business. He’s just another fish in the pond.

He added me on facebook but I rejected him.

He tried to give me his bank account number but I spurned him.

The guy is a toolshed but he’s harmless. Ignore him, he’ll learn a lesson one day. Until then let him run his mouth.

I think he learned it the other year when his fund imploded…now its just on to the next venture which will have the same fate…best to ignore, giggle at, and strive not to become

http://timothysykes.com/2008/01/04/why-value-investors-are-little-sissy-girls/ The value investor that he is quoting (read: made up) is an idiot.

I enjoy this comment very much though: “Tell this to Warren Buffett, buddy. When you actually have some money, you’ll come to see the value of 15% long-term capital gains tax. Also, you might enjoy not having to stare at a chart all the time and watch stocks go up and down. I’m with you that pure value is dumb, especially when you’re poor, but value has got the richest man in the world where he is (ditto to the other big fish).”

He is seeking one thing, attention. Whether positive or negative this guy loves the attention. Look, in the short term he looked like a prodigy, this was in a much different environment and eventually the market decided to turn and it collected its pound of flesh. Left to his own devices he’ll lose a sh!t ton more money in the market and fade into obscurity. His only hope right now is as a hype man for his books and website… that’s it.

I could not take this guy seriously after watching Wall Street Warriors. His mom does his laundry still. What a putz!

TheAliMan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > The value investor that he is quoting (read: made > up) is an idiot. Yeah, that was the most worthless conversation ever. Sounds like Timmy was talking into the mirror on that one to try and stir the pot with his website regulars. *If* that value investor does exist he’s just as big of a moron and really comes out looking like an idiot.

i for am not a Technical Analyst and really can’t understand TA. but to me, when Tim Sykes says…“i don’t care what the company does, its alla bout the charts”. that to me tells me he is not really “investing” but sorta speculating. nothing wrong with that as ppl like him help me get great deals. i just find him to be offensive and worry for any girl that is not my ex going near him.

I like how he hit on that girl from Wall Strip in one episode. I congratulate him though for making money and putting himself out there. His ego is high, but at least he is a practitioner and puts his money where his mouth is.

laughable - ditto to thain - thousands of these fools blew up prop desks and hedge funds during the past 12 months. Separately, I wonder if good 'ole John Merriwether will try to stage a tri-fecta? LTCM + JWM Partners + ?

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Separately, I wonder if good 'ole John Merriwether > will try to stage a tri-fecta? LTCM + JWM > Partners + ? Of course he will. I’m still waiting for Brian Hunter to blow himself up again.

LOL…how bout those other pumpers pumping SanDIsk!!! they were at $45 saying we have a $60 stock on our hands! invest another $900,000 sir!!! by the way. sandisk closed at $9.52 today…bravo

SkipE99 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > LOL…how bout those other pumpers pumping > SanDIsk!!! > > they were at $45 saying we have a $60 stock on our > hands! invest another $900,000 sir!!! > > > by the way. sandisk closed at $9.52 today…bravo I’m just shocked that these boiler/bucket rooms/shops are still in effect. Yes, I would love to put my life savings in your 1 great idea!

Brian Hunter, Calgary’s Dick Fuld

was he able to start his own fund again? I thought he was acting in some sort of advisory capacity?

ValueAddict Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > was he able to start his own fund again? I > thought he was acting in some sort of advisory > capacity? If “hawking trading DVDs to college student day traders” is “advisory capacity”, then yes.