Tired of Reading 10-Ks

Had to vent. Anyone else get tired of reading them?

tip: I’ve noticed that people don’t know any different when I don’t read them. Tonight I plan to not read one so that I can watch an episode of 24 and do some CFA.

Never

do you print them out or read them on your screen? do you have any efficiency tips? how to print only the good pages, how to make notes without printing, etc?

i used to keep a small stack of them by my bedside while i was working in sell-side research. they definitely helped me fall asleep at night

How long have you been in the business? when i first started out… i hated reading the 10k. I think it just comes with the territory. After a year or so, you know what to look for and you can skim a lot of stuff. Nowaday, I just skim through everything except when I come across key data points (location facilities, Lease Obligations, etc) and the MD&A section. I dont even bother with the Company Overview section.

negativefcf Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How long have you been in the business? when i > first started out… i hated reading the 10k. I > think it just comes with the territory. > > After a year or so, you know what to look for and > you can skim a lot of stuff. Nowaday, I just skim > through everything except when I come across key > data points (location facilities, Lease > Obligations, etc) and the MD&A section. I dont > even bother with the Company Overview section. I am new to the business. I have only been working as a buyside analyst for 2 months. I get so sick of reading and rereading the same things trying to pick up all the detail of what is going on. I am glad to hear that it get better.

If you have access to street reports, I would read them first before reading the 10K. Read the initiation piece. Goodluck.