Tired of studying

Does anyone else tired of studying for CFA so much as me? Does anyone see any prospects of getting the CFA charter except for the salary increase? I think this exam is overly overvalued, it’s pity to understand that so late for me. When I first have heard of the CFA they called it to be a gold standart in investment profession and they made a promise that investments last long-life . They were cheating, I’m completely disappointed. It’s nothing more than a plain paper-test.

How close are you to finishing the program?

Sounds like burnout talk to me, give it a week or two and see if you say the same thing.

You’re definitely more apt to give up if it is all about money. For me I started because I wanted to learn as much as I could about every financial market and instrument I could and the CFA charter and studies was the perfect supplement to that. Seriously, what other industries can you take an exam that basically tells people that you’re pretty smart or at least motivated enough to learn about your own industry? I know CPA but thats too boring for me. I’m a level 3 candidate and I’ve realized that the charter isn’t a guaranteed ticket to wealth and fame, but if you want to learn more about finance and investment management then it adds some credibility but its not going to go out and network and interview for you.

Mid March is a pretty bad time to feel burned out.

“Salary increase?” How about making a case in front of your boss for why to fire the guy next to you.

> but its not going to > go out and network and interview for you. well the heck with CFA then, I’m moving on to plan B: seven diamond male prostitute.

Studying to ‘make more money’? That’s quite a shallow decision if you ask me.

mcpass Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Studying to ‘make more money’? That’s quite a > shallow decision if you ask me. I beg to differ. Everyone’s motivation is unique in its own right. I don’ t think that judging one’s motivation for studying is constructive. Some candidates would like more money, some would like to extend their learning, or even both. I think that if you work hard to attain the charter, you ought to be rewarded for your time, effort and sacrifices. Afterall mcpass, I think that we can both agree that attaining the charter isn’t a walk in the park.

JCA Either 1) suck it up and move on, or 2) take a break and come back refreshed and rejuvenated. GL either way.