To renew my CFA membership do I have to renew Society membership too?

If I don’t have to pay the extra $200 for the NYSSA, I’d rather not.

I recall somewhere it says are obliged to sign up with your local CFA society, though if you are not in NYC, you might be able to try to find a cheaper one to be your local society. Just go there and get $200 worth of free soda, and you should be fine. :wink:

Thanks, bchadwick. I’m in CT but the Stamford one is not more than a postal address as far as I can figure out. I was able to renew just my CFA membership on the website . . . we’ll see if they come after me!

I am not too sure on the rule but it is best you call CFA. I believe as long as you are not an associate member you do not have to be a member of the local society.

You don’t. I am not a member of a local society.

You definitely don’t, I did not join my local society.

I believe when you first apply, you need to apply to both. But after that I don’t think you’ll need to belong to a society. I did renew my society membership this year.

Sombrero Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I believe when you first apply, you need to apply > to both. But after that I don’t think you’ll need > to belong to a society. I did renew my society > membership this year. You need to apply to both (in your first year), but you do not need to join both. There is a subtle difference, but it is worth some $.