To those who passed level II...

I am a CPA and have always worked as an accountant for Mutual/Private Equity Funds. I passed part one of the exam on my first try, but barely. I got 50-70 on everything except accounting and ethics which were 70+. As I work through the Part II material, individually the topics aren’t too bad (although even as accountant, I can’t stand pensions). But whenever I go back and do questions from previous material I covered, I just cannot remember anything. I currently use Schweser and CFAI EOCs as my primary study tools. I was wondering if anyone has every tried Schweser’s in-person workshops that they do for 3 days? I am not too far from Chicago and I am just wondering if the price tag of the course plus travel could be worth it. They also offer the workshop online and on demand. Anyone use this for Level II?

I did the 5 day DFW seminar. I thought the seminars were worth it. I did them for 1,2 and 3.

L2, Pensions - easily the most soul-destroying part of the entire curriculum (so far).

mrdjb Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > L2, Pensions - easily the most soul-destroying > part of the entire curriculum (so far). You’ve got to be kidding me. The pension q’s thrown in 2009 and 2010 were a joke and merely require memorization of the formulas. Derivatives on the other hand…

Yes, but the reading was so so so dull… I made the mistake of starting my studies on that topic. Quickly quit and came back to it at the end.