toast - useless post, sorry.

slorte Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > cfasf1 Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > i’m going to fail. fck. there’s still tons of > > stuff i suck at. > > > HEY! don’t talk like that in front of the level > one-ers! > > > you’re our heroes ; ) If only you knew what you’re getting yourself into

i’m glad i can make you laugh, there are some pretty funny guys on here. sometimes i go from wanting to cry to wanting to laugh, possibly first stages of delirium?

Hahahhaa This thread is killing me. It started out all somber and now look at it. I am laughing and I am not even sure why. SS16 review down…onto SS17!

jeks Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m glad i can make you laugh, there are some > pretty funny guys on here. sometimes i go from > wanting to cry to wanting to laugh, possibly first > stages of delirium? I wouldn’t be worried about that unless you start doing both simultaneously.

yes. delirium. i’m sobbing uncontrollably now. i want to go watch titanic and eat chocolate ice cream and have a pillow fight. (that’s what women do when they are stressed, right?)

My girl always starts blaming me for stuff when she’s stressed.

Posted by: Big Babbu (IP Logged) [hide posts from this user] Date: May 21, 2009 12:04AM Anyone have any stress mitigating tips?? Hi Babbu. I may sound stupid but I think of stress as SS 19 with 0% weights. I believe most of the CFA candidates appearing for the exams will experience stress. It is difficult to mitigate but by allocating 0 weights helps me to focus on the remaining 18 SS.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > i’m going to fail. fck. there’s still tons of > stuff i suck at. hell, no. We all will pass, we have put in our efforts and should feel confident about it. But yes, while saying this, someone inside me is questioning me “are you sure?”. Still I believe AFers are the most well prepared lot and deserve to pass. And Big Babbu, you are a hero. I salute you and I salute everyone here.

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Today I had an absolute meltdown giving an > economic update to our department…totally just > lost focus, stressed and shut down. If I wasn’t so > stubborn I would have been embarrased. No one at > work realizes the stress this thing puts on us. > I’ve had a book open in front of me for the last > hour sitting here like an idiot…just can’t get > going tonight. > Anyone have any stress mitigating tips?? I’m in a near constant state of near - meltdown these days. That being said, my only stress mitigation tip is some exercise outside. It does help a bit. Even if you generally do NOT exercise regularly, you may do well with a mile or two long quick walk / jog around the park or running track. If you do exercise regularly, then I imagine you already know this. I guess the only other thing is to let those around you at work and home know that you are in the final push. When people know the amount of time you’ve invested in this program, they’ve got to give you a free pass to be a bit on edge these next two weeks. I do hate this time of year – not because of the work so much but because of the doubt and anxiety. No good cure, really, I guess. Just keep plugging.

I had a meltdown last night after getting crushed on my first AM test. I feel a little better this morning. I have no idea if I will pass and I am sure I will meltdown several more times before the exam, but I do remember feeling better after the L2 exam JUST because it was over. I didn’t even care if I passed right afterwards. Hopefully this year will be the same.

Big Babbu, You story is inspiring. I am sorry to hear about some the life events that have happened while you’ve been enduring this hell. My best stress releif is excercise. I quit excercising during L2 and my first try at L3 with the end result being that I was tired, grumpy and I also gained 15 lbs. This time, I have gotten into a regime of excercising about an hour each night and then hitting the books. I find my excercise time really helps me mentally prepare for studying and is a good break between work and study. It helps that my wife has been really patient. I am probably crazy, but I plan on taking most of this weekend off ( this is due to family demands more than any thing else). So far, I have taken the CFAI “sample exam” and three Schweser exams. Next week I plan on hitting ethics and GIPS hard and next weekend, I will take the BSAS and CFA mock. The week before the test, I will work half days and retake 2005, 2006, 2007, and 2008 essays from CFAI. I have already taken all of those (last year) so i am not sure how much good they will do me, but the review should help. Other than that, I’m not sure what to do. I wish I could get some afternoon samples to take. I find that once I take something, I remember enough of the vignette that it doesn’t really test me. I found the Schweser exams to be much more difficult than Stalla and think that CFAI is probably somewhere in between. Still just need to cram equations and mnemonics into my head. Last night for example, I was reviewing Singer and Terhar and I couldn’t remember the equations for COV or Beta. It stuff like that, that really freaks me out! The worst thing about this process is the stress it puts you under - especially if you are married. Our industry is fairly demanding in terms of job requirements anyway. I know usually work a 10-12 hour day and then I need to study, which leaves little to no time for the family and neither work nor the family understands the stress caused by this test. My advice to younger folks is take the tests before you get married and especially before you have kids. One last thing that I noticed. In each CFAI book at the end of the book is a glossary that lists all of what I think CFAI calls “command” words or something like that. I plan on reviewing those sometime before I take the test. You never know what you might see on the exam. As Mandlebrot ( wonder if he is any relation to THE Mandlebrot of Chaos Theory?) said, you guys rock! Good luck to everyone on the test.

Hey, I have been drinking close to a six pack a night as a stress mitigant. Works out pretty well but I think it’s affecting my ability to retain information : (

That works too! LOL

cfasf1: Are you crazy? I have seen you working as hard as anybody else on this blog over the past 5-months. Now you want to give up. come on Bro. I’ve got you cover ( here is a plan I have design just for you going forward) 1) Do the CFAI morning section from 2005-2006 twice. I mean not try to time yourself or sh*t but try to understand every single of them very well. 2) Practice ECO twice. 3) Practice the CFAI mock exam and look at questions you do not feel confident to reread just that portion from the materiel. I hope you have more than one. just a hope. If you don’t ask Big baddu, Pimp :slight_smile: 4) DO NOT Do any shweser anymore if you already done them ( you can still do the video if you have them because they have some value in term of helping you visualize the matereil) 5) Ask your wife to give a special on Thursday ( NOT Friday) before the exam :slight_smile: 6) Have plenty of sleep on Friday before the exam and get you f*t a** to the test on the the 6th and kill it. How that sound for you?

sounds good, tibwa… i like it. not sure i can finish all that, but will be doing most of the stuff you mentioned above. i just hit a rough patch yesterday.

cfasf1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sounds good, tibwa… i like it. not sure i can > finish all that, but will be doing most of the > stuff you mentioned above. i just hit a rough > patch yesterday. There are days like that , I have been there, I feel your pain. I think it’s doable ( doable, is that english word)

I actually thought this thread (based on subject) was about toast, like bread in a toaster…

sbmfj Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I actually thought this thread (based on subject) > was about toast, like bread in a toaster… You are too deep-in-the-money…

cfasf1, we are going to pass this thing together. I signed up for this thing purely because most of my colleagues talked about it. Wasn’t very motivated until I found this forum more than two years ago, it got me fired about, I got to vent when I felt the need and now here we are so close to the end. You were there all the way, we already lost a few in the L1 and L2 forum but we sure aren’t going to loose any more in this one! VICTORYYYYYYYYYYYYY (now back to the books, just got killed with a practice exam. Top score for the AM section: 55%. Must… work… harder…)

omoobagberume Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sbmfj Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I actually thought this thread (based on > subject) > > was about toast, like bread in a toaster… > > > You are too deep-in-the-money… Delta =1 or 0 i will’ say 0 because if you either deep out the money or deep-in-the-money , you delta and gamma are close to zero. Did I get that right?