Tomorrow could be downright ugly

Asian markets are getting throttled again, and its begging to look like the markets are one big toilet. If the employment comes out very weak in the morning that 7,000 someone mentioned earlier might not be too far out of reach. OK…now say it someone…tell me to go start a hedge fund.

dont asian markets trail during the week?

Probably, but we have what seems to be a momentum effect going on the last few days. And things being as touchy as they are right now, a weak employment report could start a landslide larger than the election results.

futures are up 100, lets see how long that lasts

Big Babbu Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Probably, but we have what seems to be a momentum > effect going on the last few days. > And things being as touchy as they are right now, > a weak employment report could start a landslide > larger than the election results. Hmmm, I noticed this too. Leads to wonder about the relationship between Asian market daily performance and the subsequent American market performance later the same day.

A weak employment report will put in the bottom by 11:00 AM. Why do you think everyone has been selling this week? I’ll give you a clue - it’s because they are afraid of the employment report, not because they are looking in the rearview mirror at the election. Obama’s win was priced in long ago.

I agree with tobias. Going down hard tomorrow.

Asian markets are a day off this week due to a holiday on Monday I believe, so they are reacting a day later than usual…

Wrong, wrong, wrong.

big bla Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I agree with tobias. > > Going down hard tomorrow. If you read my comment to mean the market would be down today you are mistaken.

Japanese financial markets were closed Monday for a public holiday and due to reopen Tuesday. -AP November 3rd.

Again we are wrong. This market is too tough to predict.

a guy in my group guess what the dow would close at within .57 of a pt yesterday.

i don’t understand… doesn’t the market somewhat discount the future? does anyone doubt the economy is going to get extremely weak??.. i’m starting to think though that we’re just going to tread water in the market for a long time.

I heard many analysts expecting first quarter GDP in 2009 to be -3%. So yes, a great deal of bad news is priced in.