Too f****In tired

“Slowly moving to finance.” That doesn’t sound like a strategy that most financiers respect. If you want to move to finance, move to finance. It’s not easy, at least if you want to be more than a financial products salesperson.

As for growing your gym business… why does it have to be wherever you are? They have gyms here in the US too.

If you want to be a financier, it may make more sense for you to come to the US and try to network. Then at some point, you may move back to where you are and your experience and network will actually make you more valuable there.

This may require some negotiation with your wife about how you navigate this.

You may also find that being married to a money-making doctor while running a gym in the US is something that makes you happy.

Also, remember to measure yourself not by where you are, but what you’ve had to overcome to get there (and how you did that).

It’s also easier to do if you start to measure others by that criterion too. It changes you (for the better, I think).

@dwheats thanks for the input,I am doing alot of crossfit/suspension training these days from a certain points in your workouts you cannot simultaneously fight against the pain and think about your problems,so you decide to fight against the pain.

@bchad.You are one wise folk,I know moving slowly to finance is not attractive,the problem is my current status is ugly for finance at least where I live.Being a gym owner and a BA in sport science is not perceived as sexy in the industry (at least where I live)thats why I started accounting to become a CPA and move into the industry.The problem is if washington universities do not accept my already passed units and I have to start from zero while wife becomes a spine surgon,thats where things go wrong.Thats why I am worried in case Washington universities say I have to start from zero,that day I am f####d

No pretty route there buddy. Why hold back the wife from that amazing opportunity? There is no slow move into finance, especially at your age. hit the ground running there or find something else - that’s why time is the scarcest resource in the world.

^I wont hold the wife back,never.I am just thinking about somehow fitting into the picture,I am willing to put in the hours.I just dont know if its feasible.This is whats making me depressed more and more

Well, have you talked to your wife about how she imagines your career evolving after you’d move? Is it some general “we’ll figure out something,” or does she have some concrete kinds of ideas or willingess to accommodate.

For all the grumbling many of us make about American women, one very positive thing about them is that professional and educated American women are generally pretty reasonable when negotiating these kinds of things as a partnership.

^At my age and half way through accounting degree from Hack Chainsaw school in some dump hole how do you think I could move into finance/accounting ?Its worth mentioning that I do have 2 very close relatives at the monetary fund in washington both senior and high ranking.

My advice is to stop moping around on AF and start writing/calling people.

You won’t find a job here. Guaranteed.

^Honestly I am not looking for a job here,actuallu I have somewhat of a savings,the problem I have in miy mind is do I have a chance after I graduate in the US ?

Didn’t know XRAY was back