Too late to start ?!

Hi guys, Trying to decide whether or not to register for the Dec Level 1 and would love some advise… Im currently working full time in accounting. My background is in Commerce Intl - did some economics, finance, accounting Also currently doing ACAs - just finished cap 1s. Would it be possible to do the exam in dec, or would it be a bit mad?!! Afraid of spending all the money for nothing. But probably the best time for me to give it a shot! Also, if anyone would have any insight on how ACA and CFA level 1 material overlap, thatd be great. Would love some feedback - any pointers at all, as very confused and obviously need to start asap!! Thanks in advance!

I don’t think it’s too late at all (those failing June will most likely sit December anyway). The issue is to register ASAP.

Looking at your background, it will not be a long stretch. Allthough there is so much material, you can pace through with steady effort. The key to your decision is your level of commitment to put in the necessary effort. Are you ready ?

Thanks … think I just needed someone to say it’s not crazy. Just plan to get as much done over next few then, then pretty much just slog it sept-dec… Plan to use Schweser 2009 study notes, along with CFA books. Deliberating Elan 11th hour over Secret Sauce - thoughts on this? Also, wondering whether to buy audio CDs??

I too am prepping for the Dec 10 exam, and would highly recommend getting the updated study material. I started my review with the 08 Schweser notes and noticed a few major differences once I received the 10 Schweser notes. The material seems to be similar, but the LOS are different, sometimes drastically. I’ve just finished reviewing the FSA material and have yet to glance at any other sections, but I think it’d be worth the investment. Just my 2cents.

Eleventh Hour Guide is great. I haven’t used the Secret Sauce, but popular opinion says that its no match for the Eleventh Hour. Just do a quick search! farrell2010 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Thanks … think I just needed someone to say it’s > not crazy. > Just plan to get as much done over next few then, > then pretty much just slog it sept-dec… > Plan to use Schweser 2009 study notes, along with > CFA books. > Deliberating Elan 11th hour over Secret Sauce - > thoughts on this? > Also, wondering whether to buy audio CDs??

farrell2000, I think it is not too late. You have a background in accounting, which is amazing. Your background will definitely help you but not totally for the exam. I think if you devote fully in these coming four months (which is actually the optimal number of months required to prepare for this exam) then you’re good to go. For more queries, feel free to contact.

I am going to start my prep next week. If I manage to study properly over the next month or so, i’ll register for December. The next dealine is in August and there is another one after that in September I think.

sdada Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I am going to start my prep next week. If I manage > to study properly over the next month or so, i’ll > register for December. The next dealine is in > August and there is another one after that in > September I think. My advice? Register now. Nothing will light the fire under your rear like actually registering; paying that money and actually being registered for the exam might serve as the biggest motivator.

I appreciate the advice, really I do and it probably works for a lot of people but I can’t afford to ‘waste’ a 1000 bucks by not giving it my all. I hope that’s enough to keep me focussed on the task at hand. Thanks again. defone Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > sdada Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > I am going to start my prep next week. If I > manage > > to study properly over the next month or so, > i’ll > > register for December. The next dealine is in > > August and there is another one after that in > > September I think. > > My advice? Register now. Nothing will light the > fire under your rear like actually registering; > paying that money and actually being registered > for the exam might serve as the biggest motivator.

I was considering december also but i decided to take the less risky approach and register for June 2011 instead

niamh23: You have a lot of time on your hands. You can start with smaller number of hours and then pace up to a good 7-8 hours a day to make the most of your time.