Top 1% recognition

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of > the Year for Level 3 Candidates. i hope it was a #2 pencil

It’s amazing that someone smart enough to pass the exam long hand could be dumb enough to forget a calculator…this guy really is Rain Man

i cant wait to take CFA Level 4 in 2010

I turned up for my L1 exams (in Dec) without an erasor and still passed. During the morning i had to reallly realllly carefull about choice of answers :)…what a dumb thing to do…o well…but i did manage to pass

Made up story. You don’t pass without the calculator.

Funny

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > They actually did disclose the top 5% (I think) > for a few years long ago. They sent you some > certificate or something. Everyone else hated it > and they stopped doing it. Yeah, I defiantly remember reading this somewhere on the CFAI site at one time. It said something to the effect that they stopped doing it because they didn’t want to create the impression that some charterholders were more valuable than others because of their exam grades. A successful candidate—whether at 100% or ~65%—is a successful candidate. Your thing about top 1% recognition is B.S.

People make up stories to stroke their insecurities- I bet anything to solve decimal level multiplications w/o calculator… CF sand TVM calculations are far beyond

… I guess they have no issue w/ letting everyone know who the best losers were though?? Sounds rough; I don’t know how proud I would be to day “I was in the top decile of all who failed!” I’d rather not know. Imagine if you got in the 10 band. Or if you actually studied and only managed a 1 or 2… do you bother? Don’t really know which is worse. At least before everyone would convince themselves they just needed a bit more the 2nd time around- helping them get back on the horse.

What are you wearing?

Not to be cocky, but I think its possible level I could be done without a calculator. I just passed with a 70+ on all cats. and had over 30 minutes to spare in both sessions. I could have probably gotten another 20 or so questions wrong. I don’t think there are more than 20 questions that require a calculator. I’m not sure I can think of any FSA Q’s that require it, although even some of the simplest ones would be annoying without one. Top 1% without a calc is impossible though, and this story is stupid. Oh, this is my first post by the way! I’m excited to get geared up for the level II

saurya_s Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > where do they disclose top 1% in the result? I > could not find anything like than though I had > >70% in all section. I assume the CFAI has not a > policy of disclosing anything like this? > S it says top 1%, not anyone who is >70% is in top 1%. sorry to destroy your dreams :stuck_out_tongue:

I passed level one after losing my sight in the parking lot before the test. I asked for a brail version of the test which they happened to have, then I became fluent in brail in the spare 7 minutes I had before the test started. As for the math…I used the force. Yeah…the freaking FORCE! It was awesome. The numbers just came to me as my fingers crossed the brail bumps at faster and faster speeds. And they sent a CFAI rep to my house to let me know that I was not only IN the top 1%…I had acheived the unachievable…I actually scored a 101% on the test. True story.

farley013 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I know someone who had an epileptic seizure during > the exam and was temporarily paralyzed from the > neck down. He managed to insert an unsharpened > pencil underneath his left eyelid and scratched > out the answers for the Level 3 morning session > using sheer willpower. What’s even more impressive > is that he is usually a right-eyelid person. CFAI > ended up awarding him the Sportsmanship Award of > the Year for Level 3 Candidates. Joey seems to have recovered from this remarkably well…

If your nose was to grow 1 inch for each lie, you would have at least a 10 inch nose right now. Greenspan Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > .I actually scored a 101% on the test. True story.

map1 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > If your nose was to grow 1 inch for each lie, you > would have at least a 10 inch nose right now. > > Greenspan Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > .I actually scored a 101% on the test. True > story. I’m just that good…and I’m typing this on a brail computer even though I got my sight back in time to see my passing score…true story.

ADD 3 INCHES!!! Another post like that and you’ll end up poking us with your nose, through our non-brail screens. I saw a quotation a few years back cited on bash.org, something like “someday I will become rich and famous when I invent a device that stabs people in the face over the internet”. Careful with that nose!

Did anyone hear about that guy from China that did level one just to teach himself English?

I have so much respect for the Chinese, Indians, and/or non-native speakers taking on this beast we know as the CFA exams. BTW…did he pass?

CAFicionado Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > I have so much respect for the Chinese, Indians, > and/or non-native speakers taking on this beast we > know as the CFA exams. > > BTW…did he pass? ========================================================= bostonkev, howz CAIA going on?