Top 10 NFL Players

I would post the link, but it’s one of Yahoo’s videos that I detest watching. I’ll just tell you who they are and you can comment.

1. Aaron Rodgers
  2. Tom Brady
  3. JJ Watt
  4. Adrian Peterson
  5. Calvin Johnson
  6. Payton Manning
  7. Drew Brees
  8. Von Miller
  9. Geno Atkins
  10. Darelle Revis

Where’s Joe Flacco?

I guess I need more parameters.

Is this most raw talent, projected best performers this year, player I would build around…I need more than “Top 10”

I suppose it’s “projected”, since Revis was hurt most of last year.

Victor Cruz? Ray Rice? Patrick Willis?

Can I choose Jadaveon Clowney?

I don’t think JJ Watt belongs on the list.

I’d take AJ Green above Darelle off the injury.

Is he the guy that busted up that Michigan running back? That was one of the greatest hits ever.

Von Miller? He’s about to get suspended four games last time I checked.

JJ Swat totally belongs IMO.

Peyton Manning is too high (kidding).

Yeah, no Flacco is weak.

Worst time of the year: the season is getting closer but September still feels too far away. In late August I love telling my wife that football is back again so she can’t count on me on Sundays wire to wire, Thursday and Monday evenings until Feb '14 to see her hate face. (To be fair, she cannot ever count on me, but at least I’m having the courtesy of telling her in advance.)

You’re on crack.

Not sure what criteria are being used to rank these players. It’s impossible to compare players who play different positions on offense, let alone compare offensive to defensive players.

From a raw talent standpoint, I’d have Adrian Peterson far and away as the #1 on this list. The dude is not even human.

Even though he won the SB, Ray Rice had a mediocre year. He’s a small guy that might have already reached his peak. I know he’s only 26 but it wouldn’t be the first time we see a RB falling off drastically. He already has 5 full years under his belt.

If this is based upon 2012, JJ Watt should have been the unanimous number 1.

I feel like Geno Atkins, Revis and Miller shouldn’t be on there. I assume then, that perhaps this is not just “best of 2012” list. Then there are all the quarterbacks… blah.

What about most deadly NFL players?

1. Aaron Hernandez
  1. Josh Brent. But only if you’re riding in the car with him.

2. Plaxico Burress. But only to himself.

3. Ray Lewis. But he bought his way out of it and now he’s retired.

1. That Chiefs player who killed his GF and then blew his brains out in front of the KC head coach last year. If he weren’t f**king dead I would rank him higher.

OJ?

Jevon Belcher. That was a weird day.

I don’t think Drew Brees belongs on a top 10 list. He’s good, but I don’t think he’s in the same class as Manning, Rodgers, or Brady. No Joe Thomas?

I think 2 pass rushers may be overweighting that position. Aldon Smith would have an equal argument to Von Miller.