Top Films about Finance

^

It takes brass balls to say that.

Agree

It’s not a 'Movie", but the PBS documentary “Trader” is just epic.

Paul Tudor Jones predicting the 87’ crash on film, and going balls out trading futures while wearing Bruce Willis’ shoes. Classic. My copy is a cherished posession.

My favorite part of Trader was when they show him skiing. I would never agree to be filmed skiing as part of a finance documentary. There’s only one way they’d use that footage.

PTJ is a living legend. It’s too bad we don’t see more bios about him.

yall making cracks about bolier room but i bet the first time you saw it you was saying its da shit

Since when has it been cool to bash Boiler Room? Only people with good taste should rate movies.

Boiler Room is a cool movie.

Also agree on Margin Call. It is not only the best finance movie IMO but one of my favorite movies all around.

Lets not hype margin call too much, ending was terrible. I second taking of pelham 123 and would say my fav is Wall Street 1 followed by Rogue Trader./ Also liked the documentary Inside Job.

^^

How was the ending terrible ?

I thought the ending was pretty good:

• the firm sells the securities at a huge loss, but thereby being able to survive

• the character (Kevin Spacey) with the slightest hint of remorses is bought for a check when he wants to quit, after receiving a pretty cynical speech on the financial system

• the character who saw it all coming but was fired (Stanley Tucci) is also bought to come back to the firm

• 2 other characters are fired (Demi More and that analyst kid who cries at some point)

I liked that there was none of that “and the good prevailed in the end” bullcrap like in Wall Street 1.

I like the documentary The Pit

I didn’t expect him to win and frankly I was shocked to hear so many smart people expecting him to win. Since when do movies of this genre (R rated black comedy) do well at the Oscars.

“Pi” is a good movie about a mathematician who is trying to find the pattern to the stock market. Quants out there may like it. I also liked HBOs “Too Big To Fail” based on Andrew Ross Sorkin’s book.