Topic Area Weights & # of Questions

Is there a more detailed/exact topic are weight chart? (other than this: https://www.cfainstitute.org/cfaprog/courseofstudy/topicareaweights.html) It would be useful to know the exact # of questions and percentage weight on the exam, per topic area. Thanks!

It changes every year, but there was a chart floating around that had the weights on past Level 2 exams. As a general rule, don’t try and game the system by only focusing on Equity and FRA. Been there, done that.

Each LOS is critical. Unlike Level 1, Level 2 can have an item set dedicated to an entire LOS. I, therefore, see less relevance of playing with weights in level 2

This is a probability game for level 2. The way I understand it, level 1 sweeps over practically the entire LOS covering almost all points. In level 2, you have less queries to cover the lessons, which are considerably more + deeper. So essentially, you study so hard for alot more material and get tested for less LOS, albeit at a much deeper level. Luck plays a huge role in the success of getting through level 2.

Zain Zafar Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Each LOS is critical. Unlike Level 1, Level 2 can > have an item set dedicated to an entire LOS. I, > therefore, see less relevance of playing with > weights in level 2 +1 That’s what I was going to say. Just know every LOS and you’ll be fine.

Okay! : ) Thanks all for the advice!