Toss 2010 L2 CFAI books?

Didn’t pass. Sucks. Should I toss the 2010 CFAI material since it’s “out-of-date”? I already received 2011 books. Don’t have room in my apartment to keep all the books. What does everyone else who failed do with old material? Thanks.

How about donating them to business school kids or local library ?

SMEKA23 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > How about donating them to business school kids or > local library ? +10 Non-candidates pay US$300 + shipping for curriculum books (candidates pay US$225 + shipping, together with exam fee). I am sure local municipal libraries, or even universities and community colleges libraries, or your business courses profs will love to receive these expired books. The sentimental value of the books is much higher than the material value (recycled paper) of the books. Your tax-deductible book donation to university libraries may even qualify for a tax receipt at the fair market value of the books, and the donated books will be named after you with your generosity. Definitely a better disposal than to the recycle plant.

ebay? When I took the L2 2010 exam, I looked on ebay for the 2009 books, paid 20$ got tons of additional vignette style questions

I kept mine, but would definitely donate them before throwing away.

Toss them away! No point in keeping them as a reminder of things past. And nobody has stepped up on this board, offering you their e-mail & shipping address just yet…

Good points on both ends. Donating to local library would be a good cause if they accepted them - plus a possible tax break. Keeping them for additional questions/practice could also prove useful. Tough call. Side note - I compared them side to side. '11 material is about a book less compared to '10 material. That’s good news!

Is there a reason why its a ‘book less’. I checked finquiz for the change in LOS, but haven’t seen a huge difference except for FSA.

Could be used as a good reference tool in your office.

I have mine in my office. Do the CFAI EOC questions change much year to year? That’s the only reason why I would really keep them.

JAY@CFA Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Is there a reason why its a ‘book less’. I checked > finquiz for the change in LOS, but haven’t seen a > huge difference except for FSA. It’s just thinner paper. They aren’t going to trim down the curriculum.

The curriculum changes year to year (for instance maybe more on CDOs, CMBSs this year due to current economic times). The material is definitely less than last year - not due to thinner paper in my opinion. Doesn’t mean it’s any easier to master either. I’m not sure what the new material is…maybe there isn’t much of a change if the LOSs are the same? My thought is that the exam in June is solely based on the material in the '11 books so strictly focusing on that isn’t a bad thing. Studying questions out of '10 could be a waste of time. I suppose extra EOCs from FRA, CF and Equity would overlap though. Any practice in those areas would be worthwhile.