Toughest subject in L2

Is it Equity/FRA/Derivatives or anything else?

http://www.analystforum.com/phorums/read.php?12,879438 Most people find Derivatives difficult. Equity is long, but not too hard.

yo mama

math and then english are the two toughest subjects in L2

Ethics

Opening the books.

economics

portfolio mgmt, econ

No love for Emerging Markets Valuation

Ethics is my hardest subject, seriously. I just did the EOC questions and bombed on all the item sets. Especially with all the minutiae they throw in there.

I am just starting my preparation with Book1 and 6 as I think they are the toughest. My plan is to go over two books per month and leave May for revision as I am starting my preparation way too late. I have no idea how I am going to manage it though :frowning:

I agree Equity is long…but certainely does not look like Rocket science… I found Quants a bit tricky…and Fixed income is certainely manageable

Derivatives, especially the valuation of Option / Swap is tricky. Quant - time series is quite confusing to me. I too agree that Equity is not difficult but huge amount of volume to cover. Portfolio mgnt seems fine ,not sure about other topics, yet to cover.

I find time-series too be really confusing. It’s dense.

Surprised not to read FRA in any post… I guess we tend to find our weakest areas the toughest (which for me is anything to do with accounting)

Whichever subject the CFAI decides to make extra difficult on test day. They have a way of sucking the easy out of simple concepts.

nicob Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > yo mama +1 that one was super difficult to crack!

JensensalphaMale Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Whichever subject the CFAI decides to make extra > difficult on test day. They have a way of sucking > the easy out of simple concepts. +3

thommo77 Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > math and then english are the two toughest > subjects in L2 No, putting down 1-2 hours of study time each weekday and 8-10 during the weekend, and to do this for some 20 weeks, is by far he most difficult part…

i think the toughest subject is bringing up to your coworkers how you Band 1’d an exam you spent 400 hours studying for because you’re a worthless loser and not even worthy of answering the phone of a real, actual CFA charterholder!!!