TRADER position interview

Its a Equity Trader position interview at a shop. A senior trader will be doing the interviews. I just wanted to know what kind of technical questions should I be prepared with? (this will be the first trading position interview). Throw in anything you have experienced at these trading position interviews. former trader and others, please advise. Thanks in advance.

Why is TRADER in all caps?

its an acronym dumbo… Totally Radical Assistant to the Director of Excrement Removal

Know the general direction of markets, how they performed over last few months. Recent gold and oil prices and their trend. Have a story on where you think certain stocks might be heading given current economic situations and the whole thing with stimulus package. Some situation based questions might be asked, such as what kind of trading strategy would you consider when you had to buy or sell incredibly large amount of shares (i.e. block trade). Might be asked something about hedging current equity positions (with options…) so know basics of that perhaps.

wear something sexy.

kblade Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Know the general direction of markets, how they > performed over last few months. > > Recent gold and oil prices and their trend. > > Have a story on where you think certain stocks > might be heading given current economic situations > and the whole thing with stimulus package. > > Some situation based questions might be asked, > such as what kind of trading strategy would you > consider when you had to buy or sell incredibly > large amount of shares (i.e. block trade). > > Might be asked something about hedging current > equity positions (with options…) so know basics > of that perhaps. Thanks for the help KBLADE and others. Seems like a lot of preparation and crash course on options (again).

Well it isn’t derivatives trading position so I wouldn’t expect to be asked anything complicated like valuation of options using Black Scholes model. Just basic stuff, if you have a stock, what kind of option would you buy to hedge yourself against fall in the stock price.

That is PRETTY insightful INFORMATION, KBLADE, thanks for your HELP. What’s FOR dinner?

i am thinking chopshop.

i was asked 34^3 once, do it i your head with 4 people staring at you.

Its funny, recently i went to an interview and the guy asked me you have a minute here is a pen and paper, add all the numbers from 1 to 100 (i.e 1+2+3+4+5…95+96+97+98+99+100).

surveyinn Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Its funny, recently i went to an interview and the > guy asked me you have a minute here is a pen and > paper, add all the numbers from 1 to 100 (i.e > 1+2+3+4+5…95+96+97+98+99+100). that one has been asked so many times. 5050 1+100=101 2+99=101 3+98=101 there are 50 combo’s like this, 50*101 = 5050

a famous mathematician answered that in 2 mins when he was a kid. can’t remember the guy’s name. but if it was a multiple choice test question, i think i’ll get the name right.