Trained in etiquette and protocol, part 3

Over the weekend, I took my son (6 years old) to get a haircut. The person who cut his hair was definitely a shemale. That is, I think it was anatomically male, but tried its best to be female. (Long hair, makeup, nails done, etc.) The son, of course, was confused by this, and asked me (right in front of Shemale), “Daddy, is that a boy or a girl?”

Not knowing what to do, I responded, “Why don’t you ask?” He did, and Shemale replied that it was a girl. And that was that.

Later, when I told my wife about the incident, she gasped, “Oh my god. You didn’t ASK, did you? I mean, what if you offended them?”

I told her that I really didn’t care if I offended him/her/it. I mean, I’ll respect his rights as a human being and all. I won’t intentionally be rude or anything. But if you’re going to be…confusing (confused?), then you’ll pardon me for asking.

Is it rude to ask?

(edit - I ask this because I live in an area of the country where we aren’t very diverse. Not many gays or transgender here. Haven’t encountered any–until this weekend.)

I don’t think it’s rude to ask. A dude dressing up as a woman will cause some confusion and asking him/her about it will help clear that confusion.

Your son asked an innocent question out of genuine curiosity. I’m sure there was no malice intended.

I think you are supposed to say “what are your preferred pronouns?”

That sounds about as gay as two men playing naked leapfrog.

Do you like movies about gladiators?

Um . . . no.

But it is rude to be a jerk about it.

As long as you’re not being a jerk about it, it’s not rude.

We live in an infinite world with many possibilities of genders. And that is totally fine. Maybe he/she could be categorized as a feminine man.

shemale prolly didnt care that your kid asked. if you asked though, it’ll prolly be offensive.

I think Greenie handled it well. Kids are innocent, everyone knows that.

That’s pretty damn gay, sorry

The leapfrogging, why can’t I quote

1 Like

I agree. I wasn’t suggesting otherwise.