"Transitional" was Correct!

See Schweser page 166 LOS 41.K.

Unfortunately, Schweser isn’t the source here. Find transitional phase in CFAI and I’ll -1 myself.

CFAI Vol 4: Page 310 Transitional is correct I purely guessed on the exam

please be so, I guessed this too. I didn;t think it was growth and new it wasn’t mature so went with transitional. I’ve fked up other questions so please let this one be right!

What Q are you referring to?

Pleeeeease be transitional

los 41k marked transitional too

I put transitional, even though I don’t remember reading about it in the Schweser Level 2. (I chose it only cause I thought strongly that it could NOT be growth or mature.)

I don’t remember reading about transitional. I believe it was a trap. I put mature, since in my book “dividends” and “growth approaching levels of the general industry” means mature.

i put transitional … but ehhhh … they never make any of the questions clear…

YeeS_Mos Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > CFAI Vol 4: Page 310 > Transitional is correct I purely guessed on the > exam Nice find. I also put transitional because there was mention that earnings was reverting to GDP average or something to that effect. I must admit, it was a gamble as I don’t remember the term.

Transistional! Fck yeah!

well. i am pretty sure that they said that the growth is stil above industry average, but it is declining now… SO i put growth… as it is still average… It seems different folks had different wodings… so may be we all may be right…

+1

transitional is not a life cycle stage folks. Theres a pioneer, growth, mature and decline. Specifically the question asked for which STAGE IN THE LIFE CYCLE. its obvious that it was a transitional PHASE. definitly it was just a distractor.

“transitional is not a life cycle stage folks. Theres a pioneer, growth, mature and decline. Specifically the question asked for which STAGE IN THE LIFE CYCLE. its obvious that it was a transitional PHASE. definitly it was just a distractor.” Yeah, wasn’t going to respond to individual question threads, but this one is so blatantly wrong I have to - pretty sure the answer is “mature” (growth still above average but declining, initiating a dividend, etc.).

I hope the last two folks are right on this one…even I thought the question was asking about the INDUSTRY LIFE CYCLE STAGE and not the compnay phase.

I second mature - all it said was transitional, not transitional growth. Dumb question.

i put transitional. i remember seeing a question like that somewhere along my studies and transitional was correct. It was a guess on the exam though b/c mature and growth were not correct.

answer was mature…there was a similar question in one of the Schweser practice exams I believe.