Treo phones and similar

I’m daunted. I like the idea of a phone combo with the PDA but the technology has now outstripped my ability to understand it. Which one should I get and why? I just want to get e-mail, text messages, have a calendar, get phone sex, etc…

iPhone: Nuff said!

blackberry. BTW, see recent NYT rant about Treos: http://select.nytimes.com/2007/09/08/business/08nocera.html "It happened about three weeks ago, and I can’t say I didn’t see it coming. I bought a Treo 700p in early January and have had buyer’s remorse pretty much ever since. "

I would second blackberry as well because I hate that ugly antenna-thing on the treo. Blackberry is sleek, fits in the pocket – I like the Samsung? blackjack.

I would research unlocked GSM European/Asian phones even before purchasing an iPhone…there are so many cool choices out there - the U.S. is still living in the Zach Morris cell phone era Just don’t do what I did - buy the European version of the Nokia E70 without researching which networks you will have coverage in the U.S.

HTC S620

I use a Treo, I have to agree with the blackberry people and Nocera’s piece in the Times, Treos just suck. It randomly reboots all the time, even mid-call and, very frequently, I’ll dial a phone number, put the phone to my ear…and wait…30 seconds…I look down at the phone, and it’s as if I never dialed…so annoying! POS!!

my space bar just stopped working on my treo. so annoying…

ChadD Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > HTC S620 These HTC things look pretty cool to me. Anybody else have experience with them? (Treo looks out - nobody seems to like them).

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > ChadD Wrote: > -------------------------------------------------- > ----- > > HTC S620 > > > These HTC things look pretty cool to me. Anybody > else have experience with them? (Treo looks out - > nobody seems to like them). They are quite cool. About the size of a BB Pearl but with Windows and WiFi. I have about another month on my current plan before I can pick one up myself.

Blackberry 8800

I tried to save money when I was looking for a Blackberry and instead purchased the lower-priced Dingleberry. The piece of $hit died on me a few days later.

Treo. Great if you like calendars. Palm though, not Windows. The software is really great too, and it’s a very durable phone IMO.

I’m a B’bery fan myself. I had no issues using when I was it in Spain recently. For the iphone users out there, i hope you saw this article the other day: http://www.nytimes.com/2007/09/10/technology/10iphone.html?_r=1&oref=slogin

I used to own a Treo . . . hated it. I now have the Samsung blackjack. I find it to be a great phone first (doesn’t drop any calls and thats a priority) and it has yet to fail me. However it doesn’t have the nifty s*&^ the other phones have. The only draw back is when you get a 1-800-IMHOT4U number you wont be able to dial it because the keys aren’t set up for that. There is a hot key button to connect to your favorite sex line so you don’t have to worry about this problem (unless you like dialing new sex lines every time you see one).

Actually, my favorite is to just dial a random number and suggest phone sex.

OK - I bought an HTC Mogul, mostly because the buttons on the Blackberrys, etc. are just too small for me too use comfortably. I have spent lots of time trying to get Sprint to get it to work, but it finally does. It’s actually a very cool thing. Sprint has issues because the billing software is messed. Apparently, someone was leading the merge project between Nextel and Sprint and led the team that wrote crapware. They fired her but the software still stinks. Anyway, I’m in the 21st centruy now. I can view AF wherever I am in the US.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > OK - I bought an HTC Mogul, mostly because the > buttons on the Blackberrys, etc. are just too > small for me too use comfortably. Homer, is that you?

Yes, I have completed my work on an epic poem tentaitively titled “The Iliad”, but I am not sure what to do next.

JoeyDVivre Wrote: ------------------------------------------------------- > Yes, I have completed my work on an epic poem > tentaitively titled “The Iliad”, but I am not sure > what to do next. no one will read it and the poem will die with you.